Progressive Web Applications (PWAs) are considered to be the future of web development. However, iPhones do not seem to support some of the key features of PWAs. We observed the following while testing these apps on iPhone OS 11+ Safari browser:

-The ‘add to home screen’ features did not prompt automatically. When enabled manually, the splash screen was not visible.

-The pages did not feature in the cache memory all the time.

-Push notifications did not function at all.

Testing the same on iPhone OS version 11+ and Chrome browser did not help matters as the above mentioned features did not function.

We seek your valued inputs on the above findings.
    01-04-2019 02:53 AM
    A lot of major web apps are not even decent responsive design sites yet. I know from watching VMware and some enterprise applications that a lot of back end functions are still not ready or too complicated. The difference between vSphere's pure web and Flash plug in version is a good example.

I don't know if they're entirely PWA, but as an enterprise admin I see Microsoft than Apple or Google bringing very high function sites to the mobile browser.

I have to provision Windows, Apple mobile and Android in an enterprise and on the whole the Apple mobile devices have the most compatibility if we're talking a mobile OS. By that I mean a particular tablet or phone platform is dedicated for an app or purpose but the users get a lot of general function from the iPads. I thought some newspaper sites, Twitter and Flipkart or one of the shopping competitions were PWA sites.
    01-04-2019 07:34 AM