Who do you trust "more" with your data - Apple or Google?

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Who do you trust "more" with your data - Apple or Google?

If you think Apple ONLY is concerned about Hardware then you are gravely mistaken. According to many articles Apple is known for controlling the App Store and being strict just like this.....

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190128/6f690a586183b5da45d6d7b971948212.jpg

I already know this. My point was this is where they are making their money. Hardware. Privacy notwithstanding, if they were offering a service like search or a social network, maybe their stance on privacy wouldn’t look the same as it does currently. That’s all I’m saying.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Can anyone tell me which VPN application is best for iphone?

Without a doubt, Guardian. I’ve been using it for three months on the paid version, you wouldn’t believe what it blocks, and there is no login and it does not slow down apps at all. I’ve tried Bit Defender and a couple others before Guardian. You can also ask questions on Twitter guardian and you get the CEO answering your questions. They are very open about everything. They just also had a series of updates in the last couple of days for the app that gives users more control. It’s a VPN/Firewall

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/08/11/guardian-firewall-tracker-blocker-app-review/

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Who do you trust "more" with your data - Apple or Google?

I already know this. My point was this is where they are making their money. Hardware. Privacy notwithstanding, if they were offering a service like search or a social network, maybe their stance on privacy wouldn’t look the same as it does currently. That’s all I’m saying.

Apple does offer social networking with apps like messages and photos. Apple does offer search services such as Apple Maps and Siri. It is precisely how Apple does it compared to Facebook or Google.

Yakov38M

Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
So, yeah, there's no real way to keep your data safe... But well, I guess it's something you can't really escape these days.
However, I'll give that VPN a try, I'm always moving due to my job - spending a week in China to negotiate with a potential partner, a month in Germany for an audit, three weeks in Hungary to insure some of Budapest real estate, and right now I'm in Russia to renew standard protocols with some clients... So, I'll need a good one to access whatever I want no matter where I am.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
The answer is no, but don't blame Apple alone. You shouldn't trust any company — Apple, Facebook, Google and Microsoft included — with your private data. Instead, you should take control of it yourself, because that's the only way to be sure it doesn't fall into unauthorized hands.

I don’t trust either of them really, although I’m glad that at least some of my data that Google has is used to improve its services and personalise its apps etc for me.

In this day and age, you’d have to stay away from all major corporations in order to keep your data safer and truly personal. Even then it’s nearly impossible.

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Apple. I won’t even create a google account, which I know would allow me more features on YouTube and other stuff, but I hate the company with a passion and don’t trust them as far as I could throw Larry Page.

But I don’t give Apple the keys to the castle, either.

sinime

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Between the 2, I trust Apple far more than Google. I'm not to sure what I'll get when my Fitbit Versa dies, but I'm fairly sure it won't be another FitBit device.

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Definitely Apple for me. Mainly because Google is so massive when it comes to the data they hold. Not to say Apple is small, but I feel they have significantly less and are more clear in their highlighting of what they do with it.

Dr Zoidberg

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
I trust Apple more then Google. Not saying Apple is perfect, I just don’t trust google at all. It seems like google and Facebook compete who will mess up more with your data.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
Apple. Google is notorious for sharing users’ data without authorization, as are other companies--a certain social media giant comes to mind immediately.