I'm really surprised there's not more news or excitement over Microsoft's changes for an Apple products user. Maybe the news I read about new versions or packaging of Office 365 for home will change that.

My day job requires using several platforms and I administer G Suite too. I also use AWS. Thus, I know what those big players offer whether the end user or server (cloud) side Not long ago it would have been hard to imagine the state of Microsoft's mobile apps or how good Mac Office has become.

I got to thinking about this seeing how the state of Microsoft applications have driven some of the staff in our enterprise to get the new XS and XR phones. That's people who were fine with old phones just doing calls, email and text. Now they are enterprise and productivity tools. I also have Macs outside of the art and marketing areas.

A very interesting part of this for me is when I see some Microsoft haters making a stereotype about the past thrilled by what a group or individual can do with the current products.

Adoption was slow but I predict 2019 will end with Teams being the main launch or pane of glass where I work.

It's cool to see my least sophisticated users and biggest tech haters now have the important stuff in their work day on an iPhone screen.
    12-15-2018 08:42 AM
    The company I work for recently switched over to using G-Suite and I hate it! Microsoft’s office products are more polished and intuitive, in my opinion. One Note, OneDrive, Outlook, and Skype works well on the iPhone, however, crippling Word, Excel, etcetera on the iPhone is what is possibly causing some people to not use them or have caused some to stop using them.
    12-15-2018 10:12 PM
    The company I work for recently switched over to using G-Suite and I hate it! Microsoft’s office products are more polished and intuitive, in my opinion. One Note, OneDrive, Outlook, and Skype works well on the iPhone, however, crippling Word, Excel, etcetera on the iPhone is what is possibly causing some people to not use them or have caused some to stop using them.
    Interesting for my position that administers G Suite and Microsoft. G Suite is for a nonprofit where a team of us take care of it and support the members (around 400). The 365 and Azure is the bulk of my work where there are 700+ employees.

Maybe it is timing because the Excel, Word and Outlook updates for mobile drove a few of our management staff too ditch iPhone 5 - 6 family for Plus and XR. The owner partner who's on the operations side jumped on the Max right away like I did.

Late in the week I saw news of Microsoft repackaging 365 for consumers. That interests me.

Tip: I use the Flow element in 365 to sync with Google. That gets the data synchronized and lets me use the superior tools in the Microsoft suite.

Honestly, the Microsoft improvements have been so good and take advantage of latest hardware so Apple should spotlight it for the supposed problem of not selling new phones.

G Suite is reliable and works well but it lacks a lot of tools that are really nice for productivity and getting things done.

Don't forget the desktop. I wonder how many know the desktop Mac apps support the Mohave dark node and continuity features.

It's a sad funny when I get negative Microsoft comments by people daft to the company's changes. To be fair it's not something I'd have imagined a few years ago.
    12-16-2018 09:07 AM