Why can't I use US App Store outside of the US

Stag5

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
I recently purchased a new MacBook and tried to add apps which I had already purchased, but it says "Account Not in This Store" it then says, Your account is not valid for use in the U.S. store. You must switch to the Ireland store before purchasing.

My original purchase of these apps was on my iMac which is here in Ireland, however I purchased my Mac Book in the US a few weeks ago and registered it there as I had several hundred dollars of Apple vouchers which could only be redeemed on the US site and that is why I chose to register it there as they could not be redeemed here on the Irish site.

I thought that by registering it in the US, I could then redeem them there, as it would see that I was registered there

Do you know of any way I can get around this restriction.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Peter

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The country where you registered your Mac doesn't matter, it's what country or region you have selected in App Store. You'll have to change your App Store to US in iTunes. Keep in mind you'll need to have a valid US payment method and US billing address to make that happen.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201389

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Or log out of AppStore in Settings, go try to download a free app and when prompted, create a new AppStore account and choose for No Payment option.

That way you’ll have both an Irish and an American AppStore account.

Stag5

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
Thanks Tartarus for your reply. I will try your suggestion.

Does this mean I wont be able to redeem the US Apple vouchers, unless as was suggested I have a US debit/credit card and a US address?

Stag5

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
Hi Rob, thanks for your reply. I will see what I can do. I find it annoying that the Apple vouches are only redeemable in the US as I would use them here if I could.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Does this mean I wont be able to redeem the US Apple vouchers, unless as was suggested I have a US debit/credit card and a US address?

When you change your billing address from your Apple ID account page or through the App Store or iTunes Store, it updates your billing address for all of the Apple services with which you use the same Apple ID.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

If you choose for the No Payment option as I suggested you won’t need any US debit or credit card or cash or coins.
Just the address will do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234