Even if you are not an actual stock owner, should we be worried about Apples future?

I am an investor and am very worried!
    12-10-2018 09:53 AM
    Nope. Not worried. Unless you bought high.

I got burned once buying BlackBerry at $26.00. Not doing that again.
    12-10-2018 09:56 AM
    My inlaws own a lot of Apple stock they bought at 209. Hence, I am worried for them.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    12-10-2018 12:14 PM
    12-10-2018 12:29 PM
    I'd only be concerned if I owned Apple stock but alas, I do not.
    Not Quite Right and RobertP1 like this.
    12-10-2018 12:54 PM
    I'm not worried at all.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    12-10-2018 12:57 PM
    I'd only be concerned if I owned Apple stock but alas, I do not.
    It could affect the company going forward if their value plummeted. but the investors have a more short term problem
    12-10-2018 01:15 PM
    I don't own the company either lol
    It could affect the company going forward if their value plummeted. but the investors have a more short term problem
    joemd60 likes this.
    12-10-2018 01:15 PM
    Better for us that Apple receives a reality check. They’ve gutted the consumer for as much as they can. Now make me happy instead of stupid investors.
    12-10-2018 01:25 PM
    Even if you are not an actual stock owner, should we be worried about Apples future?

I am an investor and am very worried!
    Nope. Not worried at all.
    12-10-2018 03:33 PM
    Nope don't own stocks and was never affected by the market.
    12-10-2018 03:52 PM
    This is not only limited to Apple. Therefore being worried is a little bit extreme in this case.
    joemd60, Annie_8plus and kataran like this.
    12-10-2018 03:53 PM
    I’m jumping ship

Went down with the ship on webOS not gonna hit that ice cold water again

Oh wait Apple Stock! Nevermind
    joemd60, taz323 and Tartarus like this.
    12-10-2018 05:30 PM
    I own several shares, but I bought low. Not worried at all.
    12-10-2018 05:33 PM
    I own several shares, but I bought low. Not worried at all.
    Smart.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    12-10-2018 06:09 PM
    With the size of Apple, I do not think their stock woulld fluctuate too wildly. If one is on a long, s/he should probably be OK, but if you bought it near the recent peak (220 area etc), you may have to wait a longer time before the stock recovers, if ever, But what do I know.
    But one thing that worries me is that, this time, it's not any kind of manipulation by stock analysts and investors etc. I believe Apple pushed the envelope, and the consumers who actually open their wallet to buy Apple products too much over the edge. People saw through Apple's walled garden the truth, which is Apple's (or the current management's) greed and arrogance. The market has spoken this time, which is the difference in the stock market dip this time. People on the street level woke up and leanred not to contribute to Apple's overpricing, skip this year's model and wait. Because it is a grass root movement at the street level, Apple has something to worry abut. Also, Apple look a bit desperate and scrambling by discounting the price, overly susidizing carriers and even tied up with Aamazon, all of which never happened before. Adding to this, some reports say that Apple slashed the order level with some key component suppliiers and assemblers etc did not help. But we'll see....
    RobertP1 and J Dubbs like this.
    12-10-2018 09:47 PM
    Last I saw a couple of weeks ago, Apple lost a quarter of a trillion dollars in value since October. That's hard to fathom, but I'm sure they've lost more since. The tariffs on China plus the high cost of everything Apple sells isn't doing them any favors.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-10-2018 10:36 PM
    Last I saw a couple of weeks ago, Apple lost a quarter of a trillion dollars in value since October. That's hard to fathom, but I'm sure they've lost more since. The tariffs on China plus the high cost of everything Apple sells isn't doing them any favors.
    Tariffs haven't hit Apple products. Perhaps Apples big problem is, nothing new. The new BIG THING was emojis. WTF cares about emojis? even the new phone is nothing special. Apple needs to innovate and they need to do it with something other than emojis.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-11-2018 12:00 AM
    Nope, not worried at all. I wasn't worried when Google stock dropped, then split, and I'm not worried about Apple now.

I probably won't get as large a return on Apple as I am with Google, but I'm still not too worried.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    12-11-2018 07:34 AM
    Tariffs haven't hit Apple products. Perhaps Apples big problem is, nothing new. The new BIG THING was emojis. WTF cares about emojis? even the new phone is nothing special. Apple needs to innovate and they need to do it with something other than emojis.
    The tariffs have indeed hit Apple phones in China.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    12-11-2018 09:35 AM
    1. Apple isn’t going anywhere. Their stock will go back up eventually.
    2. I don’t plan on selling my Apple stock anytime soon so I’m not worried.

Here’s an interesting article I found. Now might just be a good time to buy on the dip. Of course this is just one opinion and might differ from the opinions of others but it’s interesting nonetheless. https://apple.news/AdlSTZTxcTOa4UCqmc0YGag
    nikkisharif and Annie_8plus like this.
    12-11-2018 10:39 AM
    I'm not worried about it. Stock rise and fall, no company can stay on top forever. Apple will be around for quite some time.
    12-11-2018 03:37 PM
    1. Apple isn’t going anywhere. Their stock will go back up eventually.
    2. I don’t plan on selling my Apple stock anytime soon so I’m not worried.

Here’s an interesting article I found. Now might just be a good time to buy on the dip. Of course this is just one opinion and might differ from the opinions of others but it’s interesting nonetheless. https://apple.news/AdlSTZTxcTOa4UCqmc0YGag
    Thanks for the article.
    I’m not sure there will be the return possible in the future that those who bought in early to Apple have experienced. I certainly don’t think they’re doomed soon, but long term they need to come up with something new. Perhaps their push into healthcare will pan out. The iPhone will not carry them much longer.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    12-11-2018 04:13 PM
    Thanks for the article.
    I’m not sure there will be the return possible in the future that those who bought in early to Apple have experienced. I certainly don’t think they’re doomed soon, but long term they need to come up with something new. Perhaps their push into healthcare will pan out. The iPhone will not carry them much longer.
    Oh for sure. The same can be said about most early tech buy-ins. Boy do I wish my parents participated in Microsoft’s or Dell’s IPOs (I wasn’t old enough lol). I think services are going to continue to have a growing impact on Apple’s bottom line as well.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-11-2018 04:20 PM
    You kinda have to hold the stock now. Who sells on the drop.
    01-04-2019 08:35 AM
26 12