Anyone worried about the massive drop in Apple Stock Price?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Even if you are not an actual stock owner, should we be worried about Apples future?

I am an investor and am very worried!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Not worried. Unless you bought high.

I got burned once buying BlackBerry at $26.00. Not doing that again.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It could affect the company going forward if their value plummeted. but the investors have a more short term problem
Better for us that Apple receives a reality check. They’ve gutted the consumer for as much as they can. Now make me happy instead of stupid investors.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I’m jumping ship

Went down with the ship on webOS not gonna hit that ice cold water again

Oh wait Apple Stock! Nevermind

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
With the size of Apple, I do not think their stock woulld fluctuate too wildly. If one is on a long, s/he should probably be OK, but if you bought it near the recent peak (220 area etc), you may have to wait a longer time before the stock recovers, if ever, But what do I know.
But one thing that worries me is that, this time, it's not any kind of manipulation by stock analysts and investors etc. I believe Apple pushed the envelope, and the consumers who actually open their wallet to buy Apple products too much over the edge. People saw through Apple's walled garden the truth, which is Apple's (or the current management's) greed and arrogance. The market has spoken this time, which is the difference in the stock market dip this time. People on the street level woke up and leanred not to contribute to Apple's overpricing, skip this year's model and wait. Because it is a grass root movement at the street level, Apple has something to worry abut. Also, Apple look a bit desperate and scrambling by discounting the price, overly susidizing carriers and even tied up with Aamazon, all of which never happened before. Adding to this, some reports say that Apple slashed the order level with some key component suppliiers and assemblers etc did not help. But we'll see....

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Last I saw a couple of weeks ago, Apple lost a quarter of a trillion dollars in value since October. That's hard to fathom, but I'm sure they've lost more since. The tariffs on China plus the high cost of everything Apple sells isn't doing them any favors.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Last I saw a couple of weeks ago, Apple lost a quarter of a trillion dollars in value since October. That's hard to fathom, but I'm sure they've lost more since. The tariffs on China plus the high cost of everything Apple sells isn't doing them any favors.

Tariffs haven't hit Apple products. Perhaps Apples big problem is, nothing new. The new BIG THING was emojis. WTF cares about emojis? even the new phone is nothing special. Apple needs to innovate and they need to do it with something other than emojis.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Nope, not worried at all. I wasn't worried when Google stock dropped, then split, and I'm not worried about Apple now.

I probably won't get as large a return on Apple as I am with Google, but I'm still not too worried.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Tariffs haven't hit Apple products. Perhaps Apples big problem is, nothing new. The new BIG THING was emojis. WTF cares about emojis? even the new phone is nothing special. Apple needs to innovate and they need to do it with something other than emojis.

The tariffs have indeed hit Apple phones in China.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2