Will more people eventually start buying the $1000+ iPhone models over time?

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Er... What about taking care of our own money and let the other's money be cared by its legit owner? Be a moroon or stupid, for me, is to live a life so meaningless and empty that someone simply chose to take care of others instead of yourself. What a no-sense conversation this topic turned on...

Just my two cents (with interest! These cents are mine and I pay it the way I want! )

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Er... What about taking care of our own money and let the other's money be cared by its legit owner?

I agree. Just don't be the type of person who spends outrageous amounts of money on iPhones that you don't need and then ask for rent control or complain about the cost of living all while fighting for a $15 minimum wage at the McDonald's you work at lol. At that point those people are counting my money. They exist because they're enabled instead of having things being pointed out to them. I have no problem calling a spade a spade. Call people out on their hypocrisy.

I know this has gone off the rails but the cost of Apple products has a place in this conversation because it does contribute to what people are putting into the economy. I see plenty, and I mean plenty of people who complain about the cost of living being too high for them all while holding their iPhone X in their hands.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Sure....maybe they should save then purchase but who am I to judge. We all like our nice things.

I’m certainly not judging anyone and I hope I didn’t imply that.

What I am saying (read the multiple factual articles regarding credit card debt) is that we (the U.S. at least) are a debt society and many, many people are in debt so deep they will never pay it off. All large corporations know this and many don’t care.

So, if you are the person who needs to use credit, with interest, to buy a >$1000 smartphone, when there are less expensive choices, I think you should think about it before falling for the marketing hype. If you are doing it to spread out the payments and you are a responsible person who can afford and will make the monthly payments, so be it. Ultimately, it’s our choice and we have to live with the consequences.

I hope I was more clear this time.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I know this has gone off the rails but the cost of Apple products has a place in this conversation because it does contribute to what people are putting into the economy. I see plenty, and I mean plenty of people who complain about the cost of living being too high for them all while holding their iPhone X in their hands.

100% agree.
It’s about being responsible. Some are and some aren’t.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
There is a downside for someone like me since carriers carrier lock financed devices which means I have no choice but to carry around two devices.

In regards to the thread, I think it's inevitable that people will pay for $1,000+ devices. However, I see some push back at this time that could temporarily lower the costs.

If you get the device from Apple, it’s unlocked.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Bingo!!!

Let me ask this.

When "you" bought your car, did you write a check for it? When "you" bought your home, did you pay cash?

No?

Then you shouldn't have bought it as you obviously can't afford it.

That's the attitude of some people.

My parents paid cash for their house. They still finance their phones, cause why not. It's interest free, so it makes sense to finance unless you are a carrier hopper - and most people aren't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal