Iphone Xs, anyone else have these issues or is it just me?

amanmalhotra4521

Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
I've had a 6s since launch, held out as long as I could but finally decided to upgrade to the iPhone Xs. Overall I loved it so far, the speed, the face ID (I was hesitant at first but love it now), the screen, was very happy for the first few days. In the last day and a half of further use though, I've noticed some things that are kinda bumming me out and making me concerned about my purchase.

The first issue is the camera: I'm not sure if it's just mine, or all the Xs models, but I feel like my camera is not as great as I would expect. It seems to be almost smoothed or blurred, front facing worse than back, but present on both for sure. This is definitely upsetting to me as I want to love the phone. Am I crazy, or is this just how the xs cameras are? If so, are we screwed or is this something that will be fixed soon with an update?

My only other complaint is the battery life. My 6s had horrible battery life, so I was expecting this to be a lot better. The phone was charged to 100% at 10:30am, I left and drove for two hours with Apple music playing, and then have had moderate use on it until now (4pm, 5.5 hours later), and my battery is now at 56%. I feel like this isn't that much better than my 6s, but again I'm not sure if it's just me or everyone.

I have two weeks for return or exchange, if it's something like mine is defective I can just exchange it. I see people loving the camera and taking great pictures, but mine are not good. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I want to love the phone, I don't think I'm being too picky but even compared to my 6s the camera and maybe battery aren't too much better to me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's battery consumption is different so it's hard to say whether or not yours is good or bad. Moderate use for you could be almost nonstop use for someone else. How bright is your display? Was the display on the entire time? WHat's running in the background? Do you have a good cellular and/or Wi-Fi connection? Any number of things can affect battery consumption.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
D’s response for the battery is spot on, so I won’t comment any further on that.

As as as the camera is concerned, I agree with you. I think the camera sucks compared to my X and other iPhones I’ve used. I don’t think the pics look very realistic. From my experience, the camera seems to brighten everything, which isn’t desirable in every situation. I’ve found that most people love the camera. Unfortunately, I fall into the minority. I find that looking at other people’s pics is a bit deceiving because you have no idea what the original environment looked like. I like the look of other people’s pics, but when I look at my own, knowing what the original object looked like, I feel it’s very distorted.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I’ve seen posts about the Xs camera but I have no experience with it. As Nikki mentioned the X camera that I have as well is outstanding so if it’s not a defective device which an Apple Store appointment can confirm you might want to see if the X is available or give the slightly bigger Xr a try. The camera reviews I read gave the Xr camera good reviews

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As far as the battery issue, I am in agreement with D and the others. In regards to the camera on my XS, I have used many photos I have taken with the device and have used them in my technical manuals without any issues.

Myself, I haven’t seen any major differences between the two devices (X & XS). But this is my interpretation and for my application, others may have different results.

Last edited:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Also I think you aren't necessarily getting bad battery on your 6S but it just got a little old and we all know old lithium batteries will drain super fast.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen