Apple May Be Pricing Me Out Of Their Product Lines

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I also think phones are much better than they used to be. They all perform great for the most part. After I wrote my last post I remembered a couple folks I know still on the original pixel. They don’t get updates anymore but they are very happy with their phones still.

I agree.
That’s the thing, I don’t think there’s a large gap in performance between phones anymore like there used to be. It’s mostly manufacturers selling us gimmicks that, I don’t feel, make up for the difference in price.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Makes sense. Apple got hit hard with the ‘slowing down old phones’ crisis, then by making up for it with a free/cheap battery replacement scheme and iOS 12, they gave people less incentive to buy their new iPhones (which let’s face it, apart from the XR, weren’t anything revolutionary).

But, yet, it still fits my needs. iPhone, iPad, and MacBook work together. and Apple supporting their devices for years and years to come, works for me.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
But, yet, it still fits my needs. iPhone, iPad, and MacBook work together. and Apple supporting their devices for years and years to come, works for me.

Me too I just refuse to pay the high prices (I purchase used) and hold onto them longer based on what the article points out.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the price of these iPhones even out with the amount of use I get out of them for years, so I don't really feel bothered by the price. I use these things heavily so for me they are well worth the price of admission.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I think the price of these iPhones even out with the amount of use I get out of them for years, so I don't really feel bothered by the price. I use these things heavily so for me they are well worth the price of admission.

The problem is you can get several years out of an Android phone that costs $400 also making them much more cost effective. That’s why people want Apple to make a more affordable model.

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
We have choices and I know the reason why I switched to the iPhone. Software updates, security, premium look, maintains its resale value a longer time, warranty is excellent and I can walk in any store and deal with my problem on the spot. I think the $749 entry level (XR) is great.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
We have choices and I know the reason why I switched to the iPhone. Software updates, security, premium look, maintains its resale value a longer time, warranty is excellent and I can walk in any store and deal with my problem on the spot. I think the $749 entry level (XR) is great.

I agree and they need to do more like the XR (my phone).
No doubt Apple’s products and service are excellent. Everyone has a limit of what they’ll pay for those products and services though. It shouldn’t be limitless.

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
I agree and they need to do more like the XR (my phone).
No doubt Apple’s products and service are excellent. Everyone has a limit of what they’ll pay for those products and services though. It shouldn’t be limitless.

I recommend a XR and Apple Watch combo instead of dropping $1100 on the Max

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Blasphemy! Haha.
I’m a mechanical watch fan. I will never buy an Apple Watch.

For me, though, the only reason I still use my X is the Apple Watch. Nothing else. Let's celebrate diversity!

PS: but I love mechanical watches, too. They're just too expensive for my pocket (or, maybe it's better to say, my pockets are too small for them).

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site

Literally every big Android Manufacturer’s flagships have a ‘premium look’ because they’re also made out of metal and glass ._.

And other Android companies like Nokia, Huawei, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Samsung (I could go on) has a track record of updating their phones for at least 2 years if not longer (more with security updates)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2