Apple May Be Pricing Me Out Of Their Product Lines

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Funny, but not reality.

The reality is, as technology advances. The features and power etc of smartphones are going to change, and so will the price.
I doubt Android is that much cheaper than an iPhone.
What I have an issue with. Smartphones are concentrating too much on everything than what their intended purpose is.
First and foremost, making clear calls. I don’t have a problem paying a premium price for a smartphone.
But I do have a problem paying premium prices, when people on the other end of the call, complain about the voice quality.
My 5C and even my 6, always made clear calls. Yet my 7 Plus, and even my current 8 Plus, I cannot say the same about.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Unfortunately it’s the future. No matter the carrier or the OS. Smartphones are going to be getting more and more costly.

Not if people quit buying them. If that's the case, the carrier and OEM will need to figure out how to sell phones for cheaper prices.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I doubt Android is that much cheaper than an iPhone.

Then you haven't looked at any Android devices lately. You can get an LG V40 ThinQ for $779.99 retail or a OnePlus 6T for $559. Both of those devices have almost all the features of the iPhone XS but for so much cheaper.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Not if people quit buying them. If that's the case, the carrier and OEM will need to figure out how to sell phones for cheaper prices.

It’s not going to happen. People will not stop buying a smartphone.
And I am not condoning the price as being fair,but they are technically mini computers.
And I have seen some of Android phone prices.
What keeps me with IOS. Timely updates, less bugs, and a place to go when the device needs something.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Food for thought: Rene Ritchie just posted this on Twitter:

“MacBook Air prices at launch:

1st Gen (2008): $1799
2nd Gen (2011): $1299*
3rd Gen (2018): $1199

* Reduced to $999 in 2014

(Just in case you read “most expensive Air ever!!!…” at any point today.)

Real questions is if/when this one will drop and by how much.”

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Food for thought: Rene Ritchie just posted this on Twitter:

“MacBook Air prices at launch:

1st Gen (2008): $1799
2nd Gen (2011): $1299*
3rd Gen (2018): $1199

* Reduced to $999 in 2014

(Just in case you read “most expensive Air ever!!!…” at any point today.)

Real questions is if/when this one will drop and by how much.”

Yeah, that's true. But he cherrypicked here.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
It’s not going to happen. People will not stop buying a smartphone.

People aren't buying the ultra-expensive (i.e. over $1,000) cell phones. Why do you think Apple isn't going to release iPhone sales figures anymore? If people were buying them, they'd release those numbers. Hell, my 512GB iPhone XS Max costs way more than a decent Macbook, a great gaming laptop, and even a decent down payment on a new car. It's ridiculous.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the prices are going to stay high because not many folks do what I and several others here do and buy outright. So, because the vast majority take advantage of device payment plans which keep ultra expensive iDevices so accessible, prices will continue to soar.

iPutz

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site
Unfortunately, the prices are going to stay high because not many folks do what I and several others here do and buy outright. So, because the vast majority take advantage of device payment plans which keep ultra expensive iDevices so accessible, prices will continue to soar.

Buying outright is the only way to go. I'm not about to pay an exorbitant premium just to have the latest, greatest device and get locked to one carrier for the contract's duration. That is also the reason I won't be buying a brand new freshly released iPhone in the foreseeable future as I had been doing up until I bought my iPhone7. That iPhone still serves my purposes quite well and when it no longer does I will probably buy a new phone a generation or two old to avoid the outrageous prices for the "Latest, Greatest" device. I will however stick with an iPhone as I have had 5 of them over the years and haven't had a problem with any of them that wasn't self inflicted.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Until we learn to keep our devices thru there life cycle the prices will remain high

I see the flip side of this too. One of the main reasons Apple has increased prices is that users ARE keeping their devices longer. If unit sales are suffering they need to raise prices to make up for it. If they lowered prices in order to get more unit sales their revenue would suffer.
Luckily Apple is making money on services hand over fist. Otherwise my XS Max could have cost me a lot more.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Phones on the whole are becoming increasingly expensive... Except for the few like OnePlus, Nokia etc.

I like the way Android is heading, and what the OnePlus offers now...

That being said, I am currently exploring the used market in my country for a dual SIM device as work has provided a phone for me; I rather one device to walk around with that two

anon(8115241)

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
Phones on the whole are becoming increasingly expensive... Except for the few like OnePlus, Nokia etc.

I like the way Android is heading, and what the OnePlus offers now...

That being said, I am currently exploring the used market in my country for a dual SIM device as work has provided a phone for me; I rather one device to walk around with that two

Keep in mind that one plus devices started at $299 and now it is $549 starting price

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox