Apple May Be Pricing Me Out Of Their Product Lines

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I see it differently. I’m on the upgrade every year plan with AT&T so I’ll pay 12 payments and give it back to AT&T and get the new model. My employer pays my cell bill including the device payment so I have no reason to keep a phone more than 12 months.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
This is why they're not releasing the sales figures for their iPhones anymore. They're not selling as much because the price of them is too goddamn high.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
WOW, I was just talking about this same subject to a good friend of mine. Needless to say, but I'm feeling the same exact way Ambassador Quis89. I will probably be keeping my Apple products until they no longer function going forward to be honest.

Though I like the Max, I honestly kinda wish I’d kept my X. That’s always the thing with iPhones. I always upgrade then end up feeling like all I did was spend money because the experience is the same. If that makes sense. The experience isn’t bad at all but it’s never different year over year.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
This is such an interesting thread and discussion. I don't have any other Apple things aside from a phone but everything seems to be going left.

I figured that I would get a 8 at some point next year but then I got the Xr. I'm not forever done, but that (even with the money off that I used when buying it) has me tapped out, and mind you that I always buy the base so that's saying something for me. I hope to use my Xr for a year.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Though I like the Max, I honestly kinda wish I’d kept my X. That’s always the thing with iPhones. I always upgrade then end up feeling like all I did was spend money because the experience is the same. If that makes sense. The experience isn’t bad at all but it’s never different year over year.

I went from an 8+ to a Max so the experience is a little different but to be honest, not that much.

5s to 6+ was the biggest difference in experience since the iPhone was released. That was a big deal.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the prices being too high. I almost didn’t get my XS Max this year. I was just going to buy off my X but it was actually cheaper to upgrade. I’m even still using an iPad Air 2 and a late 2013 MacBook Pro. Honestly with the costs the way are, increasing, and how good Android has become, options like the One Plus 6T are very tempting.

iPutz

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site
I couldn’t agree with the OP more. I’ve had a new iPhone almost every year from the iPhone 4 to my current iPhone 7. But with the advent of the price tag on the newer phones I just cannot justify spending over $1,000.00 every year just to have the latest and greatest like I used to. Not to mention the new case, Apple Care+ and other accessories that may need to be replaced. My current 3 year old iPhone 7 still works quite well. I may go with iPhone 8 next year but I doubt I’ll ever again buy the newest iPhone when it comes out.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well the carriers may also be helping price devices out of reach.

Last Thursday Tmobile was advertising the Xs Max, 64 gig, for $99 down and $27/mo for 36 months. Today that same ad now reads $349 down, $20/mo for 36 months.

And JUST as I had decided to get a Xs Max too.

Oh well. Looks like the 7+ until it becomes unsupported.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I used my 6s Plus for over 3 years. Went to the Apple Store yesterday to get a new battery. They broke the camera and LED torch. So they gave me a brand new iPhone 6s Plus (not a refurb). I had hoped to keep my 6s Plus on iOS 10.1.1, and get the Max in March. But that didn't happen. So, with a brand new 6s Plus, I don't see any real reason to get the Max. That's a lot of money just for a little better screen, better camera, and animoji. I'm not the fanboy that has to have it just because it's there. I may get 6 years with a 6s Plus.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I wish I could like this a few extra times, lol. I feel like this almost every year lol. I haven't noticed much of a difference since my 6S days lol. Granted, the X was a radical design change so I actually felt like my experience was different. But for years I wasn't really "wow'd" by my iPhone. It just worked. And it worked really well. I still really miss my 7 Plus. The Matte Black was an incredible color choice, IMO. I much prefer that over the glass design of current.

I agree...its never a bad experience. It's just the same experience...year after year after year lol. So long as my X continues to perform adequately, I don't see myself changing anytime soon. I'm sure my wife would like that decision, lol.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This is such an interesting thread and discussion. I don't have any other Apple things aside from a phone but everything seems to be going left.

I figured that I would get a 8 at some point next year but then I got the Xr. I'm not forever done, but that (even with the money off that I used when buying it) has me tapped out, and mind you that I always buy the base so that's saying something for me. I hope to use my Xr for a year.

I hear you. I recently purchased my wife an Apple Watch Series 4 and soon she will also need a new phone. Her 8 isn't performing very well. We are debating on getting it fixed or going with an XR. She's not sure if she likes the design of the newer iPhones with going away from the home button.

Then I saw the release of the iPad Pro line. So within the last few weeks Apple has been in frequent conversations with my wallet lol. Then I stepped back and had to ask myself WHY? My Pro works well and I really don't see what the new models are offering someone with my use case. The increase of price just doesn't make sense to me. So I figure I'll do something radical (in my historical sense) this year and NOT upgrade any of my personal products lol.

What is interesting about this discussion is how many people seem to be in similar shoes. I wonder what that will mean going forward not just for Apple but for all technology companies. Prices are rising in general yet the devices are kind of slowing down from an innovative standpoint. How will they encourage us to open our wallets as time progresses?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I hear you. I recently purchased my wife an Apple Watch Series 4 and soon she will also need a new phone. Her 8 isn't performing very well. We are debating on getting it fixed or going with an XR. She's not sure if she likes the design of the newer iPhones with going away from the home button.

Then I saw the release of the iPad Pro line. So within the last few weeks Apple has been in frequent conversations with my wallet lol. Then I stepped back and had to ask myself WHY? My Pro works well and I really don't see what the new models are offering someone with my use case. The increase of price just doesn't make sense to me. So I figure I'll do something radical (in my historical sense) this year and NOT upgrade any of my personal products lol.

What is interesting about this discussion is how many people seem to be in similar shoes. I wonder what that will mean going forward not just for Apple but for all technology companies. Prices are rising in general yet the devices are kind of slowing down from an innovative standpoint. How will they encourage us to open our wallets as time progresses?

That's a good question. I don't remember who said it but there was someone here who said something along the lines of, "They are raising the prices of these products and yet my pay isn't also rising too so this isn't gonna work".

The Xr is nice but I'll admit that it's a bit much.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately it’s the future. No matter the carrier or the OS. Smartphones are going to be getting more and more costly.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I agree with the prices being too high. I almost didn’t get my XS Max this year. I was just going to buy off my X but it was actually cheaper to upgrade. I’m even still using an iPad Air 2 and a late 2013 MacBook Pro. Honestly with the costs the way are, increasing, and how good Android has become, options like the One Plus 6T are very tempting.

I've thought about going back to Android a few times now that the Pixel line has good cameras and of course updates direct from Google (vs. the 2014 and earlier Nexus models that had really poor cameras). Unfortunately now I'll have to wait for an Android Wear maker to come out with a watch that can match all the new heart rate stuff Apple is doing with the Watch if I'm going to do that. I just switched from a Charge 2 to the AW4 due to the heart monitoring tech since I've had heart rhythm issues in the past (and I wanted an actual smartwatch not just a fitness wearable)

anon(8115241)

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
WOW, I was just talking about this same subject to a good friend of mine. Needless to say, but I'm feeling the same exact way Ambassador Quis89. I will probably be keeping my Apple products until they no longer function going forward to be honest.

You are saying that now until the next iPhone is announced

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW