I believe it’s 2 years of OS updates and 3 years of security updates for pixel phones.
    I don’t believe anyone else guarantees OS updates beyond a year.
    08-05-2019 09:48 PM
    Pixel phones and Android One phones I believe get at least 2 years and the Pixel 3 is supposed to get at least 3 years.
    The pixel phones aren't $400 though so what are you talking about when you said android phones last several years?
    08-05-2019 09:55 PM
    The pixel phones aren't $400 though so what are you talking about when you said android phones last several years?
    I have a Nikia 7.1 that has Android one. I guarantee it will last a few years. It costs $350.
    I’m not trying to say it’s one or another. Why wouldn’t we want choice?
    Golurk likes this.
    08-06-2019 10:58 AM
    We have choices and I know the reason why I switched to the iPhone. Software updates, security, premium look, maintains its resale value a longer time, warranty is excellent and I can walk in any store and deal with my problem on the spot. I think the $749 entry level (XR) is great.
    taz323 likes this.
    08-06-2019 11:16 AM
    We have choices and I know the reason why I switched to the iPhone. Software updates, security, premium look, maintains its resale value a longer time, warranty is excellent and I can walk in any store and deal with my problem on the spot. I think the $749 entry level (XR) is great.
    I agree and they need to do more like the XR (my phone).
    No doubt Apple’s products and service are excellent. Everyone has a limit of what they’ll pay for those products and services though. It shouldn’t be limitless.
    08-06-2019 04:40 PM
    I agree and they need to do more like the XR (my phone).
    No doubt Apple’s products and service are excellent. Everyone has a limit of what they’ll pay for those products and services though. It shouldn’t be limitless.
    I recommend a XR and Apple Watch combo instead of dropping $1100 on the Max
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    08-06-2019 05:26 PM
    I recommend a XR and Apple Watch combo instead of dropping $1100 on the Max
    Blasphemy! Haha.
    I’m a mechanical watch fan. I will never buy an Apple Watch.
    08-06-2019 06:46 PM
    Blasphemy! Haha.
    I’m a mechanical watch fan. I will never buy an Apple Watch.
    For me, though, the only reason I still use my X is the Apple Watch. Nothing else. Let's celebrate diversity!

PS: but I love mechanical watches, too. They're just too expensive for my pocket (or, maybe it's better to say, my pockets are too small for them).
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-06-2019 07:15 PM
    They're just too expensive for my pocket (or, maybe it's better to say, my pockets are too small for them).
    Those are pocket watches.
    08-06-2019 07:58 PM
    Literally every big Android Manufacturer’s flagships have a ‘premium look’ because they’re also made out of metal and glass ._.

And other Android companies like Nokia, Huawei, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Samsung (I could go on) has a track record of updating their phones for at least 2 years if not longer (more with security updates)
    08-07-2019 11:07 AM
    OnePlus (well known Android OEM) updated its first phone, the OnePlus One which was released in 2014, to Android 9 Pie a few months ago. It launched on Android 4 Kitkat.

So there’s an Android phone that has lasted (much) more than 2 years with updates :P
    Do you have a one plus from 2014?
    08-07-2019 11:12 AM
    Literally every big Android Manufacturer’s flagships have a ‘premium look’ because they’re also made out of metal and glass ._.

And other Android companies like Nokia, Huawei, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Samsung (I could go on) has a track record of updating their phones for at least 2 years if not longer (more with security updates)
    Does it carry all those benefits I stated at $400 sir
    08-07-2019 11:13 AM
    Do you have a one plus from 2014?
    No but that has nothing to do with either of our points.

You asked for an Android phone that was updated for more than 2 years...I named one for you. OnePlus is a relatively popular, reliable and good Android brand.
    08-07-2019 11:15 AM
    Does it carry all those benefits I stated at $400 sir
    I can name quite a few Android mid rangers that are made out of metal and glass and are at around that price (Mi 9T and SE, Samsung A8 to name a few)
    08-07-2019 11:17 AM
    Look, I’m not saying Apple is better than Android or the reverse, because it’s subjective, depends on what you want from a phone and is bound to trigger an endless and heated argument.

All I’m doing is dispelling the myth that Android phones aren’t as well made as their Apple counterparts, are only given 1 software update and customer service is non existent etc. Because it’s just not true.
    08-07-2019 11:20 AM
    I can name quite a few Android mid rangers that are made out of metal and glass and are at around that price (Mi 9T and SE, Samsung A8 to name a few)
    You still haven’t told me which one plus updated to android 9 and was made in 2014. You sent no proof to back your claim. Please read what is been said before saying good mid range device around $400 because you just getting the device with no support whatsoever
    08-07-2019 11:21 AM
    Look, I’m not saying Apple is better than Android or the reverse, because it’s subjective, depends on what you want from a phone and is bound to trigger an endless and heated argument.

All I’m doing is dispelling the myth that Android phones aren’t as well made as their Apple counterparts, are only given 1 software update and customer service is non existent etc. Because it’s just not true.
    Only android device I know with good customer support is the pixel phone
    08-07-2019 11:22 AM
    I literally named the phone for you...by the looks of it you can read properly (not sure whether you can type properly though), so what’s the confusion for?

THE ONEPLUS ONE WAS RELEASED IN 2014, WAS UPDATED TO 2019 SOFTWARE AND COST NEARLY $400.

And if you don’t trust me, look it up!
    I think you need to look it up and put the link here so you can let others see what you are claiming
    08-07-2019 11:31 AM
    Let me know when you find that link because I know for sure it was the one plus 3 and that came in 2016

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...plus-3-and-3t/
    08-07-2019 11:35 AM
    I’ve experienced customer support from Xiaomi as well and they were very helpful, more so than I expected. Look, your question was ‘Which android phone lasts more than 2 years with updates’. I answered it. If you can’t trust somebody else’s words simply because you don’t want to believe them or disagree with them then it defeats the whole purpose of this forum and those like it.

And as I’ve said, I’m not saying x is better than y. You asked a question. I answered it. It should be a relatively straightforward q/a or conversation....not a debate where I have to spell out your words for you because you insist you asked something that you didn’t.

The only android device with good customer support you know is the Pixel. Fine, my experience says otherwise, but you probably had different customer support staff speaking to you. You are happy with your iPhone XR and prefer it to Android phones for a number of reasons. Good for you, the XR is a great phone, and does have some unique advantages/features compared to Android devices (e.g iOS, faster, FaceID) as well as vice versa.

As I’ve said before, you asked a question. I answered it. Not hard.
    08-07-2019 11:39 AM
    So it’s not good to have choices? There should only be one phone good enough for everyone?

I’m using an iPhone XR currently because it does what I need and I like it! I also have a Nokia 7.1 which is a darned good phone. What is this argument about?
    08-07-2019 11:39 AM
    Let me know when you find that link because I know for sure it was the one plus 3 and that came in 2016

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...plus-3-and-3t/
    Fair enough, I got it wrong. Doesn’t change any of my other points though
    08-07-2019 11:42 AM
    So it’s not good to have choices? There should only be one phone good enough for everyone?

I’m using an iPhone XR currently because it does what I need and I like it! I also have a Nokia 7.1 which is a darned good phone. What is this argument about?
    Basically I answered his questions/points (one of them wrongly), misread an article and the debate developed into a wider one about Android vs Apple.

Sorry that I got it wrong, just tired of false anti Android digs, I get it a lot at work.
    Last edited by Golurk; 08-07-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-07-2019 11:44 AM
    Basically I answered his questions (one of them wrongly), misread an article and the debate developed into a wider one about Android vs Apple.

Sorry that I got it wrong, just tired of false anti Android digs, I get it a lot at work.
    What questions did I ask you
    08-07-2019 11:53 AM
    Questions/points.

Seriously?
    08-07-2019 11:55 AM
195 ... 5678