I just got a gorgeous new Apple Watch Series 4 WiFi only. Love it! However, I'm kinda puzzle that I'm still unable to play iHeart Radio or RadioFM which both have Apple Watch apps. I was hoping that this new Apple Watch S4 with its updated WiFi will allow me to not have to carry my iPhone with me at the gym but it looks like it does not allow you to play. Is that still the case?

I haven't signed up for Apple Music to see if that app/service on the Apple Watch will surely play on WiFi with no iPhone in sight. I did test my new Apple Watch and it could get the weather report and I was even able to ask Siri questions though.

So, it looks like it allows you do some some or most things but not stream music. Is that the case? What have you find out over there iMore? Thanks so much! Eli in Virginia.
    09-24-2018 10:50 PM
    I just got a gorgeous new Apple Watch Series 4 WiFi only. Love it! However, I'm kinda puzzle that I'm still unable to play iHeart Radio or RadioFM which both have Apple Watch apps. I was hoping that this new Apple Watch S4 with its updated WiFi will allow me to not have to carry my iPhone with me at the gym but it looks like it does not allow you to play. Is that still the case?

I haven't signed up for Apple Music to see if that app/service on the Apple Watch will surely play on WiFi with no iPhone in sight. I did test my new Apple Watch and it could get the weather report and I was even able to ask Siri questions though.

So, it looks like it allows you do some some or most things but not stream music. Is that the case? What have you find out over there iMore? Thanks so much! Eli in Virginia.
    Hi Eli! Welcome to iMore

From the information I gathered, the cellular version is the only version that allows you to fully detach from your phone. Hopefully someone that has a WiFi only version will chime in.
    Speedygi likes this.
    09-28-2018 09:50 AM

This should shed some light on the question : https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT204562
    09-29-2018 02:48 AM
    A wifi only watch won’t allow you to go phone free (I have a series 3 cellular) but I wonder if you can’t connect to the wifi (if available) at the gym. Connect your phone one time to the wifi there, then your watch should connect from that point. Good instructions here at Imore.

https://www.imore.com/how-your-apple...ay-your-iphone
    Speedygi likes this.
    10-05-2018 12:40 PM