Buyers remorse?

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I was adamant about my purchase...for the most part. I went with the XS 256 in gold. The gold is nice but didnt meet my expectations really, and after having the plus models for so long, its kinda the norm for me. I still will say the 5.8 is the “perfect” size but its hard to explain once u had plus devices🤷🏽*♂️

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying 'you' are having buyers remorse? I've had the iPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus and the 7 Plus, but when I purchased the iPhone 8, I didn't have any intentions of getting the Plus model. The 4.6" iPhones are perfect, to me, and the 5.8" iPhone X was just big enough to not be considered huge, in my opinion.

With that in mind, I do not have any buyers remorse in regard to my iPhone X....:cool:

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Are you saying 'you' are having buyers remorse? I've had the iPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus and the 7 Plus, but when I purchased the iPhone 8, I didn't have any intentions of getting the Plus model. The 4.6" iPhones are perfect, to me, and the 5.8" iPhone X was just big enough to not be considered huge, in my opinion.

With that in mind, I do not have any buyers remorse in regard to my iPhone X....:cool:

Yes i mean “me”. Dont get me wrong i love it. Its just coming from a plus for the past 2+ years its weird going down.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes i mean “me”. Dont get me wrong i love it. Its just coming from a plus for the past 2+ years its weird going down.

Oh okay. I see what you're saying. After about a week, the size of your iPhone XS will be normal as breathing....:cool:

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The only regret I had was not paying for phones outright, which should have been the way to go.

Mainly for Verizon customers in the USA:

If you buy outright on Verizon, you forfeit a $25/mo. Line Access Fee discount. It is a raw deal. $300/year is thrown away.

Buying outright is a waste of money. Financing through Apple is also a waste of money, since they will not discount you for paying Apple for the phone... Just get your phone through Verizon and add AppleCare+ to it. Otherwise, you will pay $25/mo. more for the line access fee, which is $15 with a Device on a Payment Plan, but $40 if you BYOD or Finance through Apple or another source...

Get it through the Device Payment Plan (All Verizon Phones are Unlocked) and simply pay the balance on the phone [later] on if you want to move carriers.

From my Bill:

Smartphone line access $40.00
$25 SP device payment Disc -$25.00

---

I am not sure how other carriers handle this (or if such a thing is common in other countries).

But I wouldn't even bother buying outright if I were on Verizon - regardless of what phone I was buying. I'd just finance and then pay off the balance later if I wanted to move carriers.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Mainly for Verizon customers in the USA:

If you buy outright on Verizon, you forfeit a $25/mo. Line Access Fee discount. It is a raw deal. $300/year is thrown away.

Buying outright is a waste of money. Financing through Apple is also a waste of money, since they will not discount you for paying Apple for the phone... Just get your phone through Verizon and add AppleCare+ to it. Otherwise, you will pay $25/mo. more for the line access fee, which is $15 with a Device on a Payment Plan, but $40 if you BYOD or Finance through Apple or another source...

Get it through the Device Payment Plan (All Verizon Phones are Unlocked) and simply pay the balance on the phone [later] on if you want to move carriers.

From my Bill:

Smartphone line access $40.00
$25 SP device payment Disc -$25.00

---

I am not sure how other carriers handle this (or if such a thing is common in other countries).

But I wouldn't even bother buying outright if I were on Verizon - regardless of what phone I was buying. I'd just finance and then pay off the balance later if I wanted to move carriers.

My assumption is that this is only for new customers? I'm a Verizon customer and definitely didn't get a deal like that lol. I'm on the February Unlimited plan so my access fee is only $20.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
We didn't move the their new Verizon Plan, as it was more expensive. We stayed on Everything More, with our free upgrade from 8 to 15GB Data and higher Line Access Discount...

The Verizon Plan meant paying more/mo., so we didn't "upgrade."

I think that's why you see a different Line Access Fee.

I hate how every time the carriers come out with a "New Plan," it's never to the consumer's benefit...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
We didn't move the their new Verizon Plan, as it was more expensive. We stayed on Everything More, with our free upgrade from 8 to 15GB Data and higher Line Access Discount...

The Verizon Plan meant paying more/mo., so we didn't "upgrade."

I think that's why you see a different Line Access Fee.

I hate how every time the carriers come out with a "New Plan," it's never to the consumer's benefit...

Yea I was on the 20 GB plan or something before they rolled out the Unlimited. With my family's usage, we need unlimited lol. But that's pretty cool that they offer free access fees on those plans for financing your equipment. I wish they did that on the Unlimited.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yea I was on the 20 GB plan or something before they rolled out the Unlimited. With my family's usage, we need unlimited lol. But that's pretty cool that they offer free access fees on those plans for financing your equipment. I wish they did that on the Unlimited.

It’s not free. Just deeply discounted.

I guess with the “new plans,” things are a bit different. There’s less money on the table, so to speak.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I was thinking about buyer's remorse all weekend. I paid full retail price for the 512GB gold iPhone XS Max and I was thinking it was just a bigger version of last year's iPhone X, which I had for 10 months prior to purchasing the Max. But then I received my 44mm Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) today and now I know I made the right purchase choices. I was holding onto my Note 9 in case I hated everything Apple and I will actually be returning it to Amazon later this week. I'm thankful for their 30-day return policy on cellular devices.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about buyer's remorse all weekend. I paid full retail price for the 512GB gold iPhone XS Max and I was thinking it was just a bigger version of last year's iPhone X, which I had for 10 months prior to purchasing the Max. But then I received my 44mm Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) today and now I know I made the right purchase choices. I was holding onto my Note 9 in case I hated everything Apple and I will actually be returning it to Amazon later this week. I'm thankful for their 30-day return policy on cellular devices.
Glad you are liking your Tennis Max

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That's a very timely update. 7 plus is a pretty good phone too. Hope you are liking the new phone!

Yes, most definitely. My 7 plus served me very well for two years and is still a very good iPhone, but it was time for me to upgrade and move along to the latest greatest.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The only remorse I had was going from the 8+ to the X. I was so used to a plus size phone that I was never truly happy with the X. The Max is what the X should have been last year in my opinion.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The only remorse I had was going from the 8+ to the X. I was so used to a plus size phone that I was never truly happy with the X. The Max is what the X should have been last year in my opinion.

And thats where i was. I also had the 8+ and left it for the XS cause i thought the screen size would equal that of the 8+ but in a smaller form factor....it almost did. But i still felt like i was missing out. Definitely glad I switched for the max

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner