Is the 64GB model even worth it?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: 64gb?

Look at your current phone and see how much of the 64gb you are using. If you are close to the max then go with the larger storage level. If you are not pushing the limits of the 64gb phone then save some $$.

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site

Is the 64gb even worth it? I have 256 but saw the max was 1100 for only 64?

I went with the 64gb myself. It was hard enough for me to drop 1100$ on a dern phone. I plan on relying on the extra iCloud storage that I already pay for. This was a hard decision of me coming from my note 8 with 64Gb internal and a 256gb sad card.

Good luck to you with your decision.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I have bought the 64 gig version the last couple of devices I have bought and have only used half of the devices memory.

I use my device mainly as a communication tool for business apps, email, social media and it’s worked perfectly for me.

In the end as most folks out there have already said, you have to look at you needs and base your decision on that.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I get by with the 64GB iPhone X...I don't store much music on it since I use Apple Music and just stream...and not many pictures stored. I have 50GB iCloud storage.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
There was a time when 64GB was the Big Daddy and it’s still useful for most needs but I find it funny that a plus or Max device would still offer it as there base. Big devices to me mean big game size apps and such so a base of 128GB would seem like a norm but that’s not the case.

It’s beyond me why they wouldn’t even offer the 128GB as an option. It’s like you either need little or a lot of storage nothing in between.

I out grew the 64GB a few years ago but was managing data with my SE. But now 256GB is my baseline for now and the future.

iMovie is a big hobby of mine and splicing video and audio on a regular is storage consuming

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No. Not in my opinion. When you take a lot of video, 64GB starts looking quite slim. 128GB minimum, IMO.

But that's for me, personally.

If you use your device differently, it may even be overkill for you!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
All cloud based yes it might work for you. But apps and their data it can far exceed this, even with applying the cloud based rule.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Is the 64gb even worth it? I have 256 but saw the max was 1100 for only 64?

For some yes, for me NO. I don't want to just "get by" with my Xs Max. I want to be able to do what I want when I want to, and not worry about how much memory is left and will I have to delete to accommodate. I would rather have a "peace of mind" and pay the extra $150 for a lot more storage/memory.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the person and how they plan on using their device. I couldn’t use 64GB. My iPhone, iPad Pro and iPad mini are all 25GB. However for some people 64GB is plenty.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been buying the 64 gig model since it was introduced, I don’t use my device for music or videos, mainly messaging, social media and the internet.

I have had 128 and 256 models in the past and ended up selling them because I never used but a small portion of the memory and ended up back in a 64 gig model.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been buying the 64 gig model since it was introduced, I don’t use my device for music or videos, mainly messaging, social media and the internet.

I have had 128 and 256 models in the past and ended up selling them because I never used but a small portion of the memory and ended up back in a 64 gig model.

In that case, I would probably purchase an entry level Android Smartphone device...LOL

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Like you, I’m certain I can easily get by with a 64 GB model and taking videos of my teen son playing sports would probably consume the majority of on-device storage.

I’m very particular about what I want to keep on my phone and if I don’t use the app, it gets deleted.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Like you, I’m certain I can easily get by with a 64 GB model and taking videos of my teen son playing sports would probably consume the majority of on-device storage.

I’m very particular about what I want to keep on my phone and if I don’t use the app, it gets deleted.

Same here as far as apps go, if I don’t use it regularly, I delete it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2