Fake email from Apple re: Find my iPhone

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I got this email a few minutes ago. I know it's fake. It came to an email address that is not associated with my Apple Accounts. Here is a screenshot:

Scam email.JPG

The return email address clearly is not an apple email address, and when I hovered over the link, it was obviously not for apple id!

So if you get something like this... delete.. and do not, whatever you do, click on any links!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Simply reading the email should be our first indication that this isn't legit, lol. It's poorly worded. Unfortunately, some folks do fall victim.

I send notices out regularly to my family making them aware of these kinds of scams so they don't fall victim.

Thanks for sharing!

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
"secure your account to avoid unwanted things"? These schlongs could scam many more people if they had a slightly better grasp of the English language

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I always know too, as all my Apple correspondence goes to a separate email address reserved only for Apple. All spam and scam go to my main email junk folder.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don’t pay attention to these kind of emails.
When there is something wrong with my Apple ID I’ll know by prompts on my iPhone screen.

Disclaimer: if such a prompt disappears when you press the home button, then it’s not an authentic Apple prompt.