Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    I’m not talking about the knock-offs that are currently available, but a genuine Android smartphone made by Apple? Do you think it’s possible, and if so, would you welcome it or are you against it?
    08-19-2018 11:34 AM
    Anything is possible. I don’t
    Have anything against the idea.

I’d keep buying Apple phones with iOS.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-19-2018 11:36 AM
    Anything is possible. I don’t
    Have anything against the idea.

I’d keep buying Apple phones with iOS.
    Same here. I would definitely keep buying the iPhone.
    08-19-2018 11:39 AM
    Same here. I would definitely keep buying the iPhone.
    And my media is through iTunes. I’m a happy camper.

Edit: except for Netflix stuff etc.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 08-19-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-19-2018 11:44 AM
    No and as much as I do like so many things about Android, I like having the two separated. I know what I get from iOS and right now iOS 12 is looking really solid. I know what I get from Android as well and I use each in a different way to accomplish what I need.
    Just_Me_D and xanadome like this.
    08-19-2018 11:47 AM
    I would love to see a dual boot iPhone, just so I didn't need two devices just to get my Android fix. No I don't think we'll ever see it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-19-2018 12:26 PM
    No, it will never happen. Apple would never dilute its systems that way.

That said, if it ever did happen, I'd jump at an iPhone with Andoid OS -- especially if it had a Samsung-made screen! (Why not... we're dreaming here.)
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-19-2018 01:09 PM
    Never......ever....
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-19-2018 01:28 PM
    If I could get Apple hardware using stock Android, and have access to iTunes, that would be great. And, I would probably jump on it. But, the fact that, IMO, iOS runs Google apps better than Android would give me pause. It’s never happening, and I am fine with the way things are now.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-19-2018 07:34 PM
    While I wouldn't be against it, I can't see this happening. Personally, I'd stick with i0S.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-20-2018 08:18 AM
    Nope I don't think it would happen.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-20-2018 08:39 AM
    I don't think the Android crowd would be willing to pay $1k for a smartphone.

Oh wait, forgot about the Note 9. LOL
    xanadome and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-20-2018 09:03 AM
    The value of iPhone is what Android does not have, such as security and privacy etc to some extent (and overall smoothness etc). Android per se does not attract me on it's own, but I do want some of the Android specific apps and the way they work But then again, much of these issues would be solved if Apple opened up its closed garden just a bit, and allow developers to use certain APIs.
    I am not particuularly fond of Google's intrusivenes for their own selfish gain, but their online services such s Google docs and cloud storage are intriguing. But again, if Apple would be more serious in improving their iWorks apps and iCould Drive, that's all I need.
    All in all, Apple is always almost there, but not quite. Frustrating sometimes....
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-20-2018 11:38 AM
    I’m not talking about the knock-offs that are currently available, but a genuine Android smartphone made by Apple? Do you think it’s possible, and if so, would you welcome it or are you against it?
    Possible? Yes, Apple could easily do that. Will they? Absolutely not. I would be intrigued by such a device, but I’d rather have a healthy combo of iOS and Android.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-20-2018 12:01 PM
    Anything is possible...just look at my beloved Blackberry
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-20-2018 09:01 PM
    No. No I do not.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-20-2018 09:23 PM
    I can not figure out why Apple would do such a Stupid thing .
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-21-2018 05:59 AM
    Why would they ever do that? I think got as much chase of that as you do making a Mac with Windows.
    08-21-2018 08:33 PM
    08-21-2018 08:36 PM
    I like Android as well but no chance at all do we see this since Apple likes to design their own software for their own hardware.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-22-2018 12:51 AM
    No, it is not possible and for historical reasons. For one, Apple wants complete control over the user's experience. That is to say they want to user to have the experience that they want the user to have. Secondly, Apple does not compete against their own lines of products.

Then again, Apple would be forced by Google to allow users to install/use whichever launcher they so choose; to install 3rd. Party filing apps. Or the camera app of choice. And so on. While there are certainly some Android users who would love an Android handset built with Apple hardware and design you'll be hard-pressed to find any who would also be okay with being "stuck" with only one launcher, as an example, even if they never drift away from the stock launcher that shipped with their handset.

Would they go with Qualcomm chips? Probably not. So then how long do you think it would take Apple to tweak the Android kernel to work with AX-series chips and Apple hardware in general? A few years, at least.

With that, and with 100 or more other reasons for why an Apple-branded Android handset would never happen aside, would I buy one if it were to magically happen?

Honestly, I don't know. I've been a Mac fanboi since the late 90s and yet I cannot stand iOS. For me, a start would be to make it less like iOS. That is not to say it would have to be more like Android, though. App Store? Play? App Store? Play? Tough one. My opinion is that App Store certainly has more higher-quality apps than Play, but Play has a heckofalot more apps for free. Of course, they are not really free, we pay for them through ads and/or data collection.

This brings me to another point: "Google Android" cannot work without Play and as far as I know iOS cannot work without iTunes and App Store. Would this Apple Android handset ship with both?

Anyways, the biggest draw for me would be if Apple can promise to support an Android version of an iPhone for as long as they currently support their iPhones. I mean, if there were an Android handset with guaranteed 4 -5 years of updates and support would be huge.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-27-2018 10:19 AM
    That’d be cool!
    Nothing is impossible.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-28-2018 05:22 AM