Good phones. Both got a lot of praise from reviewers in general. Quick question: Do you notice the XR’s display to be slightly fuzzy sometimes? Because on paper the 750p LCD seems a bit inadequate despite the age old retina standard.
    Not my old eyes. Most displays I see today are perfectly fine.
    I have an iPad Pro and MacBook Pro so I like the cohesiveness of the OS. At the same time I like the Nokia 7.1 size and feel. It’s the perfect size and weight for my liking.
    08-11-2019 12:08 PM
    Not my old eyes. Most displays I see today are perfectly fine.
    I have an iPad Pro and MacBook Pro so I like the cohesiveness of the OS. At the same time I like the Nokia 7.1 size and feel. It’s the perfect size and weight for my liking.
    I agree...tried holding an XR and S10. For me their screen sizes and actual dimensions were about just right
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-11-2019 12:09 PM
    Good phones. Both got a lot of praise from reviewers in general. Quick question: Do you notice the XR’s display to be slightly fuzzy sometimes? Because on paper the 750p LCD seems a bit inadequate despite the age old retina standard.
    The iPhone XR isn’t 750P. It is a 326 ppi, 1792-by-828-pixel resolution.
    08-11-2019 02:55 PM
    The iPhone XR isn’t 750P. It is a 326 ppi, 1792-by-828-pixel resolution.
    My bad. Still, on papier a 6.1 inch LCD with a ppi of 326 doesn’t seem particularly good, hence my questions to what it looks like in daily use.
    08-11-2019 04:10 PM
    My bad. Still, on papier a 6.1 inch LCD with a ppi of 326 doesn’t seem particularly good, hence my questions to what it looks like in daily use.
    If I had it side by side with a “better” screen maybe I could tell the difference. As my daily driver it is just fine. Plus I understand it is the cheaper model which I also bought used for a significant price reduction which made its value very good to me.
    08-11-2019 04:40 PM
    It is still one of the best LCD phone screens around, in my opinion. Best in color accuracy.

https://m.gsmarena.com/iphone_xr-rev...medium=ios_app
    MasterDarque and grover5 like this.
    08-11-2019 10:03 PM
    Ok...do you have one/have you used one? Apple makes the best LCDs but they’re still outclassed by AMOLED/OLED displays in my opinion (which have better colour accuracy/vibrancy)
    08-12-2019 04:08 AM
    Ok...do you have one/have you used one? Apple makes the best LCDs but they’re still outclassed by AMOLED/OLED displays in my opinion (which have better colour accuracy/vibrancy)
    Then don’t buy an iPhone XR. I enjoy the XR just fine. I don’t want an OLED XS, or XS Max.
    MasterDarque and TgeekB like this.
    08-12-2019 09:17 AM
    I’m not sure what outclassed means. It’s not like my screen doesn’t have vibrant colors or the text is blurry. All this stuff just adds price to these phones which I don’t believe adds enough value in return.
    That’s just my opinion though.
    08-12-2019 04:03 PM
    Good thing they offer the XS line then as well.
    08-12-2019 04:18 PM
    Equally consistent with Samsung, Nokia, Xiaomi and Huawei (I can go on).

Though I did appreciate their phones not exploding in 2017 lol
    Disagree. Not that it matters either way. But in my experience Apple build quality is the best.
    08-12-2019 04:40 PM
61 123