When it was announced that Apple became the first Trillion dollar company, a slew of people started saying that it has made too much money. Some claim that Apple may not be paying enough in taxes.

That got to thinking. How much of your money is a fair amount for the government to tax?

In addition, why is it that so many people are quick to denounce employers for not paying enough in salaries, but are slow to denounce the government for taking too much in taxes?
    08-05-2018 05:36 PM
    Well that old saying that there are two things in the world that are certain and it’s Death & Taxes.

If memory serves me right I remember hearing that the government introduced taxes as a temporary fix to the issue of the times but as we know that wasn’t the case.

I’m kind of in-line with a flat tax system as long as it’s fair for everyone, what bothers me is you pay tax from your pay then you pay tax on most purchases and if you save your money you end up getting taxed on the interest
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-05-2018 06:30 PM
    When it was announced that Apple became the first Trillion dollar company, a slew of people started saying that it has made too much money. Some claim that Apple may not be paying enough in taxes.
    Well, what is "enough" for Apple to be paying? If Uncle Sam made them a "deal" as a corporation, then they might be paying "enough" for Uncle Sam.

That got to thinking. How much of your money is a fair amount for the government to tax?
    That's a touchy subject. Right now a large part of my taxes go to the county school district. Well, our son just graduated. I personally feel I should have to pay that tax anymore. But since I still live in that district, should I keep supporting the district?

In addition, why is it that so many people are quick to denounce employers for not paying enough in salaries, but are slow to denounce the government for taking too much in taxes?
    Unfortunately that's an unbalanced balancing act. While taxes keep getting increased, salaries aren't.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-06-2018 11:20 AM
    I honestly don't know what the "right" amount to take in taxes is. I would love to not have to pay taxes at all...but the ramifications of that wouldn't be pretty. We all depend on a lot of what our taxes pay for. So I personally don't even complain about it. There's no changing it.

And I think salaries should rise with inflation, at minimum.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-06-2018 02:38 PM