Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more! | Order: AirPods 2 | New iPhones
    Just wanted to pose this question to people who use Apple most and could potentially be the "iSheep" that some people (and there are) arbitrarily regard us as. Do you really mind if people prefer an Android phone as a daily device?

Personally no, but I just find it odd that people have to 'make the point clear' about how Android is the device for people who can't afford an iPhone. While true in some cases it can be such a blatant statement for people who genuinely like the advantages of Android and can afford an iPhone X if they wanted to, but chose not to.

What's your take on this?
    08-02-2018 10:37 AM
    I have been using and test mobile devices FOREVER... and I alway tell people the same thing when they ask my advise. Stick to the platform you are invested in. If you have a ton of stuff in iTunes/Apple then stick with iOS, if you buy lots of stuff from Google then use Android. Really at this point in tech, all the devices are the same. Each has its own little differences but they all do the same thing in the end.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-02-2018 11:39 AM
    Who really cares, I use both and find it enjoyable to switch back and forth.
    08-02-2018 11:43 AM
    Just wanted to pose this question to people who use Apple most and could potentially be the "iSheep" that some people (and there are) arbitrarily regard us as. Do you really mind if people prefer an Android phone as a daily device?

Personally no, but I just find it odd that people have to 'make the point clear' about how Android is the device for people who can't afford an iPhone. While true in some cases it can be such a blatant statement for people who genuinely like the advantages of Android and can afford an iPhone X if they wanted to, but chose not to.

You already know my answer. I don’t care what anyone else uses and I’m not going to waste my time even thinking about what he or she is using. In addition, I don’t care what someone else thinks of me using an iPhone.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 08-03-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    08-02-2018 12:33 PM
    Too many people invest too much of their identities in their phones. They are definitely seen as status symbols by many. While the kind of phone you use certainly can say something about you, it doesn't say everything.

I always say use the phone you want and be happy. And it's okay for others to choose differently than you and be happy, too.
    08-02-2018 01:15 PM
    Personally, since I only care about myself, no, I don't mind what other people are using.
    Speedygi and Quis89 like this.
    08-02-2018 01:53 PM
    To each their own, live and let live.
    Quis89 and DarkSylph like this.
    08-02-2018 09:31 PM
    I think it's silly and dumb to argue about subjective things. People prefer what they prefer. If a person prefers Apple products, that's great. If a person prefers Android, that's also great. There are plenty of Android phones that cost as much as the most expensive Apple phones [Pixel 2 XL, Huawei P20 Pro, Note 8, Note 9 (when it comes out in a few weeks), etc.].

Live and let live, I say. So, to answer your question, no, I do not care about what people prefer. I am interested in what people are using, however.
    Speedygi and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-02-2018 11:38 PM
    Too many people invest too much of their identities in their phones. They are definitely seen as status symbols by many. While the kind of phone you use certainly can say something about you, it doesn't say everything.

I always say use the phone you want and be happy. And it's okay for others to choose differently than you and be happy, too.
    Well said.

As for me, I couldn’t care less what everyone uses. I don’t use Apple products for status; I use them because they’re beautiful devices that best serve my needs.
    08-03-2018 05:37 AM
    No,I don’t mind at all, but I wouldn’t know because I don’t peer at other people’s phones,probably I care too little about perceived status !
    08-03-2018 07:09 AM
    I just find it odd that people have to 'make the point clear' about how Android is the device for people who can't afford an iPhone.
    If you don’t care what people use, why would you care what people say?
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    08-03-2018 08:54 AM
    I find it amusing that many take their smartphone so personally, that it invokes argument. The closest thing I can think of is the pick up truck debate. Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. But even that doesn't match the way smartphone users take their device so personally. It's really a strange phenomenon. I couldn't care less what others use.
    Laura Knotek, Terb and joemd60 like this.
    08-03-2018 09:10 AM

I can't speak internationally...but in the United States, this just isn't true anymore. iPhones are actually very affordable if you want one. Sure, the X is rather expensive, but that's not the only iPhone on the market. So whenever I hear people saying this I just shake my head.

I'm like you though...no I don't care. I couldn't care less. I like Android, personally. I just have so much invested in the Apple eco-system that it's easier for me to stay put.
    08-03-2018 09:44 AM
    I can't speak internationally...but in the United States, this just isn't true anymore. iPhones are actually very affordable if you want one. Sure, the X is rather expensive, but that's not the only iPhone on the market. So whenever I hear people saying this I just shake my head.
    Yup. And all the evidence you need is from Apple’s 3rd quarter. They sold 41.3 million iPhones (all variants included) with an ASP of $734 which suggests that price pretty much hasn’t had much effect on sales.
    Quis89 likes this.
    08-03-2018 10:05 AM
    Yup. And all the evidence you need is from Apple’s 3rd quarter. They sold 41.3 million iPhones (all variants included) with an ASP of $734 which suggests that price pretty much hasn’t had much effect on sales.
    Right. And then once you account for all the varying promotions you can find on iPhones these days through carriers and the fact that most aren't walking into a store and dropping $700+, but instead on some sort of installment plan...the "Android users can't afford iPhones" argument is kind of void these days lol.
    BreakingKayfabe and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-03-2018 10:41 AM
    The Galaxy Note 9 is likely to cost more than $1000 (at least the higher-storage models, and perhaps even the base model). There are plenty of expensive Android phones, and they seem to sell quite well. So no, I don't but the idea that Androids are for people who can't afford iPhones.

And no, I really don't care what people use as their "daily driver" smartphones.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-03-2018 11:02 AM
    You already know my answer. I don’t care what anyone else uses and I’m not going to waste my time even thinking about what he or she is using. In addition, I don’t care what someone else thinks of me using an iPhone.
    THIS!

Nothing else needs to be said.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-03-2018 11:19 AM
    They're all overly priced!!!! iOS and android both!!! Use what you like and keep it moving!!!
    08-03-2018 12:29 PM
    They're all overly priced!!!! iOS and android both!!! Use what you like and keep it moving!!!
    Agree.
    It’s more about which one is overpriced more?
    Laura Knotek and robertk328 like this.
    08-03-2018 01:25 PM
    Yes, I’m truly disappointed when someone I know, or even sometimes don’t know, uses an Android device. I feel like they’re missing out on a lot of stuff, even though I don’t have any concrete idea what that stuff is.
    08-04-2018 09:18 AM
    I don’t care. People need to use what’s right for them. I was an Android user for a long time. For a long time, I felt it was the platform that worked best for me. The best device I ever used(Android or IOS) is the Nexus 5. But, after that, it felt like Android fell off. The Note 5 was just unusable in my opinion. Samsung destroyed everything I loved about Android. The Motorola Droid Turbo 2 was better, but not as good as the Nexus. The Nexus 6P never felt like the Nexus 5 I remembered, and within days, was awaiting the Pixel. That’s when I decided to give the iPhone a look. I got the 7 plus, and now use the X. I’m probably locked into this platform. I will maintain the Nexus 5 is still the best device I have used, but IOS works the way I want, and how I expect. That’s where Android lost me. It was no longer predictable.
    08-04-2018 11:39 AM
    Right. And then once you account for all the varying promotions you can find on iPhones these days through carriers and the fact that most aren't walking into a store and dropping $700+, but instead on some sort of installment plan...the "Android users can't afford iPhones" argument is kind of void these days lol.
    ‘Nuf said...
    08-04-2018 12:25 PM
    It makes no difference to me what other people choose to use. There is some gentle and good natured teasing amongst my cousins. Most of us are using iOS devices, but there are a couple who are on Androids. They both were using Samsung phones, but have both switched to Pixel 2 devices. They are happy and that’s all that matters!
    08-04-2018 02:03 PM
    I have to say that unfortunately I do care. But for a simple question: messaging. I feel really annoyed when I'm almost obligated to use that s**t WhatsApp to maintain me in touch with family and work colleagues. I really would prefer to use iMessage with them, as it is way better than WA in any possible measure. At least my wife uses an iPhone SE, as she always uses the phones I buy for her

Other than that... I really don't care, since I, too, like to test new models on regular basis. Just don't found an Android model capable to convince me to change for good, yet.
    08-04-2018 02:31 PM
    I don't care what phones other people use. At all. If it works for them, that's awesome. That's really all that matters.

What really bothers me, though, is the phrase "daily driver" when used for describing anything other than an automobile. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me. Pet peeve.
    Trees likes this.
    08-04-2018 09:22 PM
61 123