I asked apple support and the answer I get is that after trying the password 6 times it is deaktivated but I never touched it. It happened and a little bit later it happened again but no one touched it. This is really a mystery. Did any of you have the same experience or know what could have caused it?

It got restored the first time and it happened again. To be honest it was my boyfrieds Ipad this happened to and him and I was the only ones in the appartemant. First time it happened I dont think even he touched it. Then he noticed and assumed it was me, a little bit later it happened again and then he confronted me. Im really not that cuorius or stupid to try any psw 6 times and then again 6 times but since it is logical that it should be me and I know I have not touched it I have to try to reach out to proof my innocence.
    Really weird situation......
    Last edited by vsu1974; 06-09-2018 at 02:03 PM. Reason: make it even more unique
    06-09-2018 01:02 PM
    I asked apple support and the answer I get is that after trying the password 6 times it is deaktivated but I never touched it. It happened and a little bit later it happened again but no one touched it. This is really a mystery. Did any of you have the same experience or know what could have caused it?
    You said, “It happened and a little bit later it happened again...”. So were you just staring at the screen or were you typing something on the onscreen keyboard. In any case, you’re going to have to restore the device via iTunes.
    06-09-2018 01:52 PM
    Hi, and thanks for a quick respons, I didnt see how to respond before so i updated my question.
    Thank you for reading and trying to help.
    06-09-2018 02:04 PM

It got restored the first time and it happened again. To be honest it was my boyfrieds Ipad this happened to and him and I was the only ones in the appartemant. First time it happened I dont think even he touched it. Then he noticed and assumed it was me, a little bit later it happened again and then he confronted me. Im really not that cuorius or stupid to try any psw 6 times and then again 6 times but since it is logical that it should be me and I know I have not touched it I have to try to reach out to proof my innocence.
    Really weird situation......
    Was the device restored with an iCloud or iTunes backup? If so, you may have restored what was causing the issue. With that being said, restore it again, but this time, set it up as a new device and not from a backup.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    06-09-2018 03:47 PM
    It should be 10 failed attempts, not 6. Unless that's how it is with older versions of iOS.

Once he gets back into the iPad, factory reset the device and do not restore from backup. Something janky is definitely on that iPad, so restoring it after a reset will only add the problem back again.

Be very selective with any 3rd party apps that are installed on the device, and only install them from the official app store. Read reviews. There'll be tons of complaints if an app is not as it should be.
    06-10-2018 05:07 PM