How Often Do you update your phone with a new model?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I like to try the new thing if it can be possibly benefit me, and I change every year usually. I kept my SE for nearly 2 years since none of the replacements were able to nail all of the important things for me. As someone that likes smaller phones, I only leap if there's something to leap to, which choice is decreasing by the year.

I hope to change phones this year but that depends on the SE refresh actually happening or not...

I remember your fondness for smaller phones from the nextbit forums. Hopefully the SE refresh will be something similar to the recent renders floating around the past couple days. Have you seen them?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I remember your fondness for smaller phones from the nextbit forums. Hopefully the SE refresh will be something similar to the recent renders floating around the past couple days. Have you seen them?

You have good memory! I'm touched that you remember that. Yeah I have seen them. I don't mind the ones of the body but I don't really believe that it will have a notch.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
You have good memory! I'm touched that you remember that. Yeah I have seen them. I don't mind the ones of the body but I don't really believe that it will have a notch.

Pricing is the only issue I see with those renders. How would they price it cheaper than the 8 and remain margins? I think there were at least 6 new SKUs in one report. Could they do a new SE with 7 specs at a low price and retire the current SE. Then do a less expensive SE 2 with different storage options starting at least $100 bucks cheaper than the 8? Who knows at this point. I just think it's fun to speculate.

PS. I remember quite a few from Nextbit. I consider that a fun and worthwhile experiment even though it didn't have an overall change in the industry.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I haven't owned a Sony phone since the W810, but that was a great phone for it's time, and I've always been interested in trying their smartphones.
My apologizes for veering off topic, but the mentioning of Sony phones has stirred up feelings of nostalgia in me. One of my all time favorite phones ... The Sony Ericsson W580i. I remember being able to T-9 like a mad man on that thing.
11647.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro