Is Apple treated fairly? If not, why not?

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
every year, there seem to be doom and gloom stories by analysts concerning Apple and the sales of IPhones or Apple Watches, or ... Then, some months later, financial reports reveal that the negative stories were not correct. Are other companies subject to the same negative, but incorrect analysis by pundits?

Last edited:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Fake news stories generated by journalists for nothing more than page views. Pages with ads generate money, and gullible people love to read these fake news stories so they visit those pages every time they're posted.... generating money for the site.

Happens with everything, not just Apple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some of it is click bait and some are probably attempts to harm Apple financially for whatever reason. It goes with the territory for a company as successful as Apple. Besides, I've stated on several occasions that when it was discovered that it has a huge cash stockpile, I perceived an increase in attempts to rid them of a good deal of that money.

rmaximo2

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
There's so much click-bait about Apple. It's really disappointing, because Apple is a massive company, and the click-bait tends to drown out more reasoned and accurate criticisms. With great power comes great responsibility, right? I want and expect folks to check Apple, but the FUD you describe doesn't help.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
every year, there seem to be doom and gloom stories by analysts concerning Apple and the sales of IPhones or Apple Watches, or ... Then, some months later, financial reports reveal that the negative stories were not correct. Are other companies subject to the same negative, but incorrect analysis by pundits?

It’s all market manipulation.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't necessarily think it's the analysts issue. I feel like it's more the people that cover Apple. I'm pretty sure analysts release the same statements and guidance with every publicly traded company. It's just that Apple gets more coverage by the media, so we read about it. I also think blogs react more harshly about Apple's shortcomings than other tech companies. Clickbait and doom and gloom stories get the clicks they need for more revenue though, so I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

A good example is Apple removing the headphone jack. The verge is still going on about that over 2 years later. Apple wasn't even the first to do it. But almost every iPhone article they post still mentions it. I've read reviews of other phones on that site that don't have headphone jacks, and it barely gets a mention, but Apple gets flamed for it for over 2 yrs?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
They’re treated beyond favorably.

Depends on the source. If you only go to Apple specific blogs they are, but general tech sites and news sites tend to be more harsh on Apple. Mainly because they all know harsh headlines create clicks for more ad revenue. The days of all sites praising Apple has been over for a really long time.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the source. If you only go to Apple specific blogs they are, but general tech sites and news sites tend to be more harsh on Apple. Mainly because they all know harsh headlines create clicks for more ad revenue. The days of all sites praising Apple has been over for a really long time.

I think they are generally treated beyond favorably.

It’s not like the treatment Facebook gets, for example.

Of course dan sites will be more favorable. That’s why we call them fan sites.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77