How Many Apps Do You Subscribe?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don’t at the moment subscribe to any service requiring a monthly subscription, although I am tempted to get a Youtube premium account, not because I want the music or tv service but because I don’t want the advertisements. So I’d like to ask anybody who has the service if YouTube is honourable about this, or do they slip a few ads in anyway ?

That was the only part about YouTube Red I thought was good. The exclusive content wasn't really worth it for me. I'm not so sure it's worth it now that Google is restructuring it's YouTube/ Play services.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Think of the situation from the app developer's viewpoint. How can they afford to keep improving their app and releasing free updates unless there is some way for them to get new revenue> The only alternative to subscriptions is for them to continue to sell enough new copies of the app to cover the costs of updating the app. Nearly all apps are at best popular for a few months and then fall to a steady state of usually not many sales per month.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. A few questions. If you’re just getting local channels only, have you tried an OTA antenna or are you in an area where you can’t get locals with an antenna? Is your Comcast bill reduced because you use the cable card? Are you still paying the broadcast and sports fee? Does the Channels app allow you to stream to an unlimited amount of TVs?

Welcome to iMore!!!! Hope you enjoy our forum

Please make sure you quote the comment or include the person’s name when you are responding. Otherwise we aren’t sure who you speaking to.

iPutz

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site
I have ZERO subscriptions. Not to apps and not to software for my computer either. Never have, never will. Subscriptions are just another way to get more money without offering a markedly better product.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have ZERO subscriptions. Not to apps and not to software for my computer either. Never have, never will. Subscriptions are just another way to get more money without offering a markedly better product.

It depends on the product but in general yes, it’s another way to get money. A lot depends on need. For me, ForeFlight is a great tool as a pilot. They listen to suggestions and improve the app as needed.

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I don’t want to open new topic just because of this question so I am posting here.

Question: what does the icon below do?
As I can see it does not volume ringtone neither system volume.

03b5ac0976fb239952553ecd0cecfac9.jpg

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Thank you very much

Another thing.
I noticed when I have incoming call that I had option “reject with message” and now I don’t have it. I have just option “remind me”.

Can someone tell me how can I turn it on?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I found this on an Apple Discussions thread:

"The first thing you might want to check is Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode - > Reply with Message. Enable it to access the decline option even when the iPhone is locked."

If that doesn't take care of it for you, try this:

go to Settings > Phone > Respond with Text

There are three default messages. Tap on the one that you don't want to use, and type in what you do want to use.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I found this on an Apple Discussions thread:

"The first thing you might want to check is Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode - > Reply with Message. Enable it to access the decline option even when the iPhone is locked."

If that doesn't take care of it for you, try this:

go to Settings > Phone > Respond with Text

There are three default messages. Tap on the one that you don't want to use, and type in what you do want to use.

Was this post for me, or someone else?

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
If the app producer updates regularly with useful new content, I would be happy to consider a subscription. If the app sits dormant for more than a year at a time without useful updates, I do not want a subscription.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR