How Many Apps Do You Subscribe?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple Music, Netflix, Amazon Prime. That’s it. It’s ridiculous that others want $$. I quit using Todoist bc I had to pay monthly just to get notifications. seriously? A notification would be pretty standard for a to do app. I don’t have a problem paying a one time charge for those types of apps, but monthly is just stupid, IMO.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I pay for Carrot and At Bat. I absolutely love the At Bat app. I use the Carrot weather complication on my watch and I’m pretty much on At Bat every day during baseball season

I happily pay for At Bat during the season and then happily cancel my subscription and switch to Bleacher Report during the off-season. I’m cheap like that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple Music, Netflix, Amazon Prime. That’s it. It’s ridiculous that others want $$. I quit using Todoist bc I had to pay monthly just to get notifications. seriously? A notification would be pretty standard for a to do app. I don’t have a problem paying a one time charge for those types of apps, but monthly is just stupid, IMO.

You don't pay to use the Amazon app though. You would still pay for Prime without the app, and could access it in a browser.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Amazon Prime Video, I also watch a lot of YouTube. But for now decided against paying for YouTube Red.
I also recently cancelled YouTube tv. Apple cancelled it awhile back when they shouldn’t have.
When I subscribed again, my $34 monthly fee was a thing of the past.
My main issue with cancelling YouTube tv was not so much the fee.
But the networks blacking out certain programs, or sporting events.
I don’t want to pay for a streaming tv service if I cannot watch what is on the cable channels.
My HDTV antenna fulfills those needs just fine.

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Besides the basics (TV streaming services), I pay for Apple Music & Keepsafe (probably going to cancel). I thought about Carrot because I’m a weather nerd lol but when I looked it up, there’s really no reason to pay for the service unless you just like paying for cute graphics. I use Dark Sky (I think Carrot uses them too) & Storm Radar for up to the minute notifications for free. Windy is a good one during hurricane season as well. Plus Carrot increased the cost of the app to $4.99...not doing that!!!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Besides the basics (TV streaming services), I pay for Apple Music & Keepsafe (probably going to cancel). I thought about Carrot because I’m a weather nerd lol but when I looked it up, there’s really no reason to pay for the service unless you just like paying for cute graphics. I use Dark Sky (I think Carrot uses them too) & Storm Radar for up to the minute notifications for free. Windy is a good one during hurricane season as well. Plus Carrot increased the cost of the app to $4.99...not doing that!!!

I bought Carrot and like it fine, but now really sore I’d get the subscription. Even though it’s super cheap.

mariajanes

Mar 29, 2018
Visit site
As I am a new parent, so I have subscribed some apps relared to kids. In my list, it is Social Graces, PlayKids & an app for parenting guide. These 3 apps has made my life easy & managable. [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/social-graces/id1209755285?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Social Graces[/URL] is a parenting app, Playkids is a platform of education for kids.

Do you have an idea of what app could be useful for me at this stage?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I don’t at the moment subscribe to any service requiring a monthly subscription, although I am tempted to get a Youtube premium account, not because I want the music or tv service but because I don’t want the advertisements. So I’d like to ask anybody who has the service if YouTube is honourable about this, or do they slip a few ads in anyway ?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don’t at the moment subscribe to any service requiring a monthly subscription, although I am tempted to get a Youtube premium account, not because I want the music or tv service but because I don’t want the advertisements. So I’d like to ask anybody who has the service if YouTube is honourable about this, or do they slip a few ads in anyway ?

I’ve done the free trials in the past. Never really got any ads that they tried to slip by me. Just didn’t feel the cost justified the subscription though. Most of the ads I’m able to skip after 5 seconds and the others I just don’t pay attention to. All dependent on how much you use YouTube, I guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner