Upgrade to iPhone 8📱:Pay only $8 a month
    I rather pay a one time fee. I'm not with the monthly subscriptions
    Seneca09 likes this.
    04-29-2018 01:42 PM
    True.
    I thought the OP was talking about actual apps. Like some have mentioned Carrot.
    I am the OP. And you were correct. Apps that require subscription. Not services like Amazon Prime or Verizon.
    04-29-2018 05:17 PM
    Amazon Prime Video, I also watch a lot of YouTube. But for now decided against paying for YouTube Red.
    I also recently cancelled YouTube tv. Apple cancelled it awhile back when they shouldn’t have.
    When I subscribed again, my $34 monthly fee was a thing of the past.
    My main issue with cancelling YouTube tv was not so much the fee.
    But the networks blacking out certain programs, or sporting events.
    I don’t want to pay for a streaming tv service if I cannot watch what is on the cable channels.
    My HDTV antenna fulfills those needs just fine.
    Last edited by joemd60; 04-29-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-29-2018 05:26 PM
    Only Apple Music
    05-18-2018 01:27 AM
    Netflix, Music, Carrot and thats all. I pay for apps rather than subscribe to them.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    05-18-2018 07:17 AM
    Besides the basics (TV streaming services), I pay for Apple Music & Keepsafe (probably going to cancel). I thought about Carrot because I’m a weather nerd lol but when I looked it up, there’s really no reason to pay for the service unless you just like paying for cute graphics. I use Dark Sky (I think Carrot uses them too) & Storm Radar for up to the minute notifications for free. Windy is a good one during hurricane season as well. Plus Carrot increased the cost of the app to $4.99...not doing that!!!
    Seneca09 likes this.
    05-28-2018 08:03 AM
    Besides the basics (TV streaming services), I pay for Apple Music & Keepsafe (probably going to cancel). I thought about Carrot because I’m a weather nerd lol but when I looked it up, there’s really no reason to pay for the service unless you just like paying for cute graphics. I use Dark Sky (I think Carrot uses them too) & Storm Radar for up to the minute notifications for free. Windy is a good one during hurricane season as well. Plus Carrot increased the cost of the app to $4.99...not doing that!!!
    I bought Carrot and like it fine, but now really sore I’d get the subscription. Even though it’s super cheap.
    05-29-2018 11:00 AM
    I bought Carrot and like it fine, but now really sore I’d get the subscription. Even though it’s super cheap.
    It’s a nice looking app & the subscription is cheap but free is better for the same info
    msm0511 and Seneca09 like this.
    05-29-2018 02:02 PM
    Only Carrot. I prefer to do a one time payment and get turned off by subscription-based apps.
    Ledsteplin and Seneca09 like this.
    06-16-2018 09:04 PM
    VPN
    Apple Music
    iCloud
    Todoist
    Spendee
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    06-17-2018 06:49 AM
    As I am a new parent, so I have subscribed some apps relared to kids. In my list, it is Social Graces, PlayKids & an app for parenting guide. These 3 apps has made my life easy & managable. Social Graces is a parenting app, Playkids is a platform of education for kids.

Do you have an idea of what app could be useful for me at this stage?
    07-19-2018 07:43 AM
    VyperVPN, Dashlane, Apple Music, Netflix, DAZN
    07-22-2018 09:05 AM
    I recently decided on SPOTIFY. That is the only one.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-22-2018 04:49 PM
    I don’t at the moment subscribe to any service requiring a monthly subscription, although I am tempted to get a Youtube premium account, not because I want the music or tv service but because I don’t want the advertisements. So I’d like to ask anybody who has the service if YouTube is honourable about this, or do they slip a few ads in anyway ?
    07-23-2018 06:47 AM
    I don’t at the moment subscribe to any service requiring a monthly subscription, although I am tempted to get a Youtube premium account, not because I want the music or tv service but because I don’t want the advertisements. So I’d like to ask anybody who has the service if YouTube is honourable about this, or do they slip a few ads in anyway ?
    I’ve done the free trials in the past. Never really got any ads that they tried to slip by me. Just didn’t feel the cost justified the subscription though. Most of the ads I’m able to skip after 5 seconds and the others I just don’t pay attention to. All dependent on how much you use YouTube, I guess.
    07-23-2018 09:53 AM
    icloud (lowest), apple music (family) and infuse (because I need this app for my appletv)
    07-24-2018 08:03 AM
    That was the only part about YouTube Red I thought was good. The exclusive content wasn't really worth it for me. I'm not so sure it's worth it now that Google is restructuring it's YouTube/ Play services.
    07-26-2018 02:04 PM
    Think of the situation from the app developer's viewpoint. How can they afford to keep improving their app and releasing free updates unless there is some way for them to get new revenue> The only alternative to subscriptions is for them to continue to sell enough new copies of the app to cover the costs of updating the app. Nearly all apps are at best popular for a few months and then fall to a steady state of usually not many sales per month.
    08-09-2018 11:33 AM
    Spotify
    Smithsonian Earth
    iCloud
    09-15-2018 11:27 PM
     Music, Google Music, Gaia GPS for overlanding and Foreflight for the plane.
    09-20-2018 11:06 AM
    Gotcha. A few questions. If you’re just getting local channels only, have you tried an OTA antenna or are you in an area where you can’t get locals with an antenna? Is your Comcast bill reduced because you use the cable card? Are you still paying the broadcast and sports fee? Does the Channels app allow you to stream to an unlimited amount of TVs?
    Welcome to iMore!!!! Hope you enjoy our forum

Please make sure you quote the comment or include the person’s name when you are responding. Otherwise we aren’t sure who you speaking to.
    11-06-2018 06:40 AM
    Spotify always, and HBO Now only when my show is on.
    11-06-2018 09:49 AM
    I have ZERO subscriptions. Not to apps and not to software for my computer either. Never have, never will. Subscriptions are just another way to get more money without offering a markedly better product.
    11-06-2018 11:27 AM
    I have ZERO subscriptions. Not to apps and not to software for my computer either. Never have, never will. Subscriptions are just another way to get more money without offering a markedly better product.
    It depends on the product but in general yes, it’s another way to get money. A lot depends on need. For me, ForeFlight is a great tool as a pilot. They listen to suggestions and improve the app as needed.
    11-06-2018 12:11 PM
    I don’t want to open new topic just because of this question so I am posting here.

Question: what does the icon below do?
    As I can see it does not volume ringtone neither system volume.

Ledsteplin likes this.
    11-07-2018 03:52 AM
77 1234