I have the original iPad Pro 9.7
    It’s my main computer so I use it for everything everyday.
    Anyway it no longer loads anything when trying to get on any page on the internet.
    It doesn’t hold a charge and takes forever to charge.
    I think it’s time for an upgrade.
    Question:
    When is the next iPad Pro coming out?
    I compared the current Pro (10 inch) and the latest regular iPad and I definitely want a pro but should I wait or go for the 10 inch?
    Right now I’m doing everything from my phone, my iPad only works for reading.
    04-21-2018 08:09 AM
    Have you tried resetting it? Weird- it’s not that old. Mine is still ok. Doesn’t hold the charge as well but not too bad.
    Personally I am waiting to see what is announced at WWDC. Rumors are there will be a new pro- maybe with facial recognition.
    04-21-2018 11:26 AM
    Have you tried resetting it? Weird- it’s not that old. Mine is still ok. Doesn’t hold the charge as well but not too bad.
    Personally I am waiting to see what is announced at WWDC. Rumors are there will be a new pro- maybe with facial recognition.
    Omg I don’t believe this:
    It won’t let me do a reset!
    I went to settings, followed all the steps, I get prompted for my Apple ID password which I put in and once I do that, the window turns gray and the reset button doesn’t work.

Virus?
    04-21-2018 11:33 AM
    Really weird. I know a virus is possible but odd that you can’t reset. Can you do it through iTunes!l?
    04-21-2018 11:34 AM
    Really weird. I know a virus is possible but odd that you can’t reset. Can you do it through iTunes!l?
    Nope. Nothing. whoa.
    04-21-2018 11:41 AM
    You near an Apple store?
    04-21-2018 11:49 AM
    Nope. Nothing. whoa.
    I would make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have one of the geniuses check it out, just in case.
    Evilguppy and Annie_8plus like this.
    04-21-2018 11:49 AM
    I would make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have one of the geniuses check it out, just in case.
    Damnit. I’m in the Sierra mountains on vacation miles away from civilization
    Well I guess I’m on my phone exclusively until this is solved one way or the other.
    04-21-2018 11:51 AM
    Damnit. I’m in the Sierra mountains on vacation miles away from civilization
    Well I guess I’m on my phone exclusively until this is solved one way or the other.
    Can you call Apple Support?
    04-21-2018 06:07 PM
    Can you call Apple Support?
    I’m going to.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    04-21-2018 07:20 PM
    My Pro is still rocking like new after 2 years. Yours definitely shouldn’t be on its last leg so soon. You could put the iPad in dfu mode and perform the restore that way via iTunes.

Connect the device to a computer using a USB cable.
    Hold down both the Home button and Lock button.
    After 8 seconds, release the Lock button while continuing to hold down the Home button.
    If the Apple logo appears, the Lock button was held down for too long.
    Nothing will be displayed on the screen when the device is in DFU mode. If open, iTunes will alert you that a device was detected in recovery mode.
    If your device shows a screen telling you to connect the device to iTunes, retry these steps.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-22-2018 12:50 AM
    My Pro is still rocking like new after 2 years. Yours definitely shouldn’t be on its last leg so soon. You could put the iPad in dfu mode and perform the restore that way via iTunes.

Connect the device to a computer using a USB cable.
    Hold down both the Home button and Lock button.
    After 8 seconds, release the Lock button while continuing to hold down the Home button.
    If the Apple logo appears, the Lock button was held down for too long.
    Nothing will be displayed on the screen when the device is in DFU mode. If open, iTunes will alert you that a device was detected in recovery mode.
    If your device shows a screen telling you to connect the device to iTunes, retry these steps.
    Same here. My 9.7” iPad Pro from 2 years ago is still going strong without any issues or increased battery drain. My youngest son really enjoys using it with the Smart Keyboard.
    04-22-2018 11:16 AM
    I spent days in the wilderness with no connection so I only used it to read my book, then I got home, prepared to go to Apple but somehow now it works fine as if nothing had happened.

I guess I’ll take it, lol.
    04-28-2018 04:40 PM