Would Apple kill the iPhoneX later this year?

arikshavit

Apr 20, 2018
Visit site
Just bought the iPhoneX earlier this month. Now I see an analyst guess that Apple is planning on killing it later this year? Any ideas about it? Can it be true? Would appreciate a reassuring message from an Apple official that this is not going to happen...

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Just bought the iPhoneX earlier this month. Now I see an analyst guess that Apple is planning on killing it later this year? Any ideas about it? Can it be true? Would appreciate a reassuring message from an Apple official that this is not going to happen...

Kill it? No, I don't believe so. They'll replace it with a new model in the fall. Nobody really knows if they'll use a different naming convention or stick with Xs, XI, or something new altogether. I've seen rumors that Apple may not keep the X around at a lower price point as they have in the past. That will probably be relegated to the 8/8 Plus.

arikshavit

Apr 20, 2018
Visit site
Is there a way to get some official comment on this issue from Apple? After all we’re not asking about a new product intro but rather about an already existing product and reassuring potential customers they aren’t going to loose their investment in an Apple product...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to get some official comment on this issue from Apple? After all we’re not asking about a new product intro but rather about an already existing product and reassuring potential customers they aren’t going to loose their investment in an Apple product...

Welcome to iMore

Highly unlikely any official comment till later in the year but it will still be supported in future iOS updates. There would be an uproar if Apple was to stop supporting a thousand dollar year old device

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

This isn't an Android OEM we're talking about, this is Apple. If you're worried about hardware/software support, don't be. Apple still provides support for the iPhone 5s which was released in 2013. There are even reports of iOS 12 running in WebKit simulators.
https://appleinsider.com/articles/1...ng-iphone-5s-webkit-developer-reports-suggest

p.s. Welcome to iMore!

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I think what is meant by killing the X is that Apple would not continue to sell the original model of the X. They would continue to support it for several years with both service and software upgrades.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods