Two phones- Do you have another phone with your iPhone?

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello!

So I'm a tech enthusiast, specifically with phones. Been on the mobile nations forums for years now. And quite honestly, I've never had two phones because I personally don't think I have enough going on in life to warrant it, but I really would like a second option. Does anyone else have a second phone? I was thinking of getting a Blackberry Keyone because of the keyboard

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I have a Moto E4 just to play with Android activated on Verizon prepay. The bad thing about the Verizon E4 is the bootloader is locked and it can't be rooted. It's still a fun phone to play with and keep up on Android.

The phone was cheap $69 bucks at Walmart and I'm impressed with the speed and quality of the E4.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a basic prepaid flip phone with Tracfone. It’s only in case something happens to my iPhone.
I don’t have a land line which is the only reason for a second phone, for emergencies.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I almost always have a current iPhone and a current Android phone. For me it's more about just loving tech, and like to keep up to date with both OSes. That being said, the only phones I currently have are my iPhone X and a Nextbit Robin as a backup. I've been trying to decide which Android phone I want to get this year. I'm leaning toward the Sony Xperia XZ2.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't! I personally just don't see the need, but I do "get" that others here really embrace the technology, and for them, that's awesome. I respect them, and it's nice hearing their opinions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 phones, which one is meant to be a backup but I do switch between the two when I feel like it.

Although I currently have two iPhone models (iPhone X and iPhone 8), I only use one of them. The other is in its box. I purchased the iPhone X after having had the iPhone 8 since launch day and I had every intention of returning it within the two-week return period. Well, I made the decision to keep it and then told myself that I would switch back and forth between the two....yeah, right!....That didn't last long at all. It's been all iPhone X for quite some time now. With that being said, if you don't have a need for two devices then don't bother getting two.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
No. Unless I am given a work phone I (speaking for myself and no one else) see no need for a second phone.

However, I have 6 sewing machines. :laughing:

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a 6s and a SE as my second phone. It is convenient to have 2 phones for me, especially when both are attached to the same iCloud account.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Why ? why would you need two phones ? are we to assume that you who do,carry both of them ? I,like most people have old phones that still work, as potential back up in the event of damage or loss but don’t cart them about ! Gadget freakery I can sort of understand.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Why ? why would you need two phones ? are we to assume that you who do,carry both of them ? I,like most people have old phones that still work, as potential back up in the event of damage or loss but don’t cart them about ! Gadget freakery I can sort of understand.

Some people have a separate work/business phone from their personal phone. There are many professions that require people to have more than 1 phone. In my case I rarely carry 2 at the same time. I do it because I like to try different devices and OSes.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I do an iPhone X & a Nexus 6p. Most likely to get a Pixel 3xl later this year. Google should have this whole cellphone thing figured out by the third rendition.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
My personal device is an iPhone X but I did activate a line with Cricket and use a Moto G5 Plus for that line. The Cricket line is now my work phone which I got because my iPhone is on T-Mobile and there are some places I work that T-Mobile gets little to no coverage but AT&T still works great at.

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have two phones not by choice though! I have my personal which is my OG Pixel. My work phone is an iPhone 6s. I hate carrying two phones, too much to keep up with!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok ! I get it now I thought we were over this, I first saw a two sim phone about ten years ago (custom)
As an aside, a friend of mine, a haematologist consulting/liaison for a medical firm staggered into the pub late one night carrying, one firms phone,two separate hospital issued phones (different hospitals) four pagers (two depts,two hosps) and to cap it all two more pagers for someone he was covering for ! seemed a little harassed ....

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My personal device is an iPhone X but I did activate a line with Cricket and use a Moto G5 Plus for that line. The Cricket line is now my work phone which I got because my iPhone is on T-Mobile and there are some places I work that T-Mobile gets little to no coverage but AT&T still works great at.

I have the X as my main line but I have an old Tracfone sim that still triples the card you buy so I set it up on my jailbroke 6s. I use that line when I need to get away. Only my family have that #. It’s nice on dates with my wife to have a phone that only 3 people have the number to.

Last edited:

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

How’s cricket as a carrier. I know it’s ATT but how good is cust service?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods