How, if at all, would Apple be affected by tradewar with China?

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
It is not at all clear how active a war of tariffs might be with China. However, if some level of tariffs and other trade restrictions were to occur, how would Apple be effected? Is this likely to bring some Apple manufacturing to the US?

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: How, if at all, would APple be affected by tradewar with China?

Suppose China imposed a requirement that all devices manufactured in China would need detailed inspection by Chinese authorities before it could be exported. Then China could easily reveal any special aspects of say the iPhone to Chinese companies that could manufacture much cheaper kn

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: How, if at all, would APple be affected by tradewar with China?

Very unlikely, Apple would find a way to lower production costs and that means staying with China. My guess is they would find some sort of workaround, but even if they can't, they got enough to deal with the overhead.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've actually wondered this myself. I'm no economist, so I'm not really gonna venture a guess on how any one company would be affected. But I would think that Apple makes both the US and China so much money that I don't think either govt. would let it get to that point.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2