A hypothetical situation....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Assume for a moment that Apple was no longer making an iPhone, and a replacement device was needed. What platform would you switch to?

This is just a fun thread. Any device OEM that is still in operation as of this typing is applicable.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I suppose I'd go back to the Android ecosystem, Google devices and custom roms.

Then again......sometimes a flip phone sound really good.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well since I already use both I suppose I would get the latest and greatest Android. Is there any other OSs to consider? BlackBerry went Android and Windows Mobile is on life support and MS just signed a DNR!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Being that Blackberry no longer installs its OS on its own devices, an Android device would more than likely be my choice. If Blackberry were to return to making its own OS then I’d go back to it.

Last edited:

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I’d consider switching to Android and would most likely get a Pixel, since they’re the only Android phones guaranteed to receive security updates in a timely fashion (though sadly not as long as Apple supports older iOS devices).

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've spent a good bit of time with Android so I wouldn't have a problem going that route. I'd probably get a Sony Xperia XZ2. Well, I'm probably getting one anyway for a second phone.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’d probably grab a nice lil flip phone. While I like having the latest & greatest iPhone, my phones stay in DND most of the time & when they aren’t I’m still not on them that much except for music & podcasts.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm changing my official answer. I'd go back to a flip phone. No emails, no apps....I could live with that.