I chatted online with Apple support and believe me they are really nice. Well they diagnosed and told me that my battery is at 81% now and I can change it, I am from Pakistan and unfortunately Apple has an authorised dealer here but they refused to change the battery, I wanted to know what are my options then to change the battery?

Secondly did anyone changed the battery under recent $29 battery program? Does it perform better now in terms of battery life and performance?

Thank you
    01-31-2018 11:51 AM
    I’m sure there are some who have and hopefully, they’ll reply soon.
    01-31-2018 05:41 PM
    My 6s Plus is performing well on iOS 11 and I haven’t changed thr battery.
    01-31-2018 08:07 PM
    Mine is at 87% and I made an appointment to get a new battery. Apple called me to schedule an appointment and they said they'd call me w/i 3-5 days of the battery arriving at the store. While on the phone, the Apple tech went through some settings, which I already knew about, but one thing she did go over was some of the iCloud settings.

I use gmail for all my mail, calendar, and contacts. She had me select, under iCloud, mail, contacts, calendar (amongst other things) to back up, prior to my battery change appointment. Since I use gmail for mail, contacts, and calendar, I'm afraid that if I do an iCloud backup of these settings, then do an iCloud restore following the battery replacement, that I'll end up with duplicated email, contacts, and calendar entries once I restore and then re-sync with my gmail.

Anyone have any insight on this? I'm thinking to NOT backup via iCloud mail, contacts, and calendar.??
    02-12-2018 09:39 AM
    I heard reports that they are super fast with the battery change. Which cracks me up for some reason...
    02-14-2018 04:13 AM
    Mine is at 87% and I made an appointment to get a new battery. Apple called me to schedule an appointment and they said they'd call me w/i 3-5 days of the battery arriving at the store. While on the phone, the Apple tech went through some settings, which I already knew about, but one thing she did go over was some of the iCloud settings.

I use gmail for all my mail, calendar, and contacts. She had me select, under iCloud, mail, contacts, calendar (amongst other things) to back up, prior to my battery change appointment. Since I use gmail for mail, contacts, and calendar, I'm afraid that if I do an iCloud backup of these settings, then do an iCloud restore following the battery replacement, that I'll end up with duplicated email, contacts, and calendar entries once I restore and then re-sync with my gmail.

Anyone have any insight on this? I'm thinking to NOT backup via iCloud mail, contacts, and calendar.??
    anyone have any feedback on this? I really dont want to a) lost my gmail contacts, and emails, b) restore from a backup and have Duplicate contacts and emails...

THanks.
    02-16-2018 02:19 PM
    I guess nobody has had their battery replaced yet?
    02-25-2018 10:23 PM
    I guess nobody has had their battery replaced yet?
    Never had an iPhone model long enough for the battery to get overly bad.
    vpblaze likes this.
    02-26-2018 06:18 PM