Bose Soundsport
JBL Everest
Audio-Technica ATH ANC40BT

...to name a few...:cool:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ho ho ho so many recommendations for the AirPods, there might be something to them then...

Just keep an open mind. The sound quality during phone calls is downright awesome, in my opinion. As for listening to music, they can handle their own. I don't really use them to listen to music with the exception of when I'm at work working on something that's time consuming. Still they sound really nice. They are great for all around use, in my opinion. Now if you're an audiophile and want to immerse yourself in music, get something for befitting.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Airpods and Bose QC35. Airpods for day to day and QC 35 for those long international flights. The QC's can also be used wired, so I can plug in to the aircraft entertainment system.

Airpods stay in my ears during workouts, sound great on calls (sticking a slab of electronics to the side of your face is so 1990s.. I laugh when I see people do it. ☹️ ), and when I am stuck in the office, I can use just one. When using one both audio channels are combined into one so you get it all, and when people harasse me with questions or comments, I can can give the appearance of paying attention to them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Airpods and Bose QC35. Airpods for day to day and QC 35 for those long international flights. The QC's can also be used wired, so I can plug in to the aircraft entertainment system.

Airpods stay in my ears during workouts, sound great on calls (sticking a slab of electronics to the side of your face is so 1990s.. I laugh when I see people do it. ☹️ ), and when I am stuck in the office, I can use just one. When using one both audio channels are combined into one so you get it all, and when people harasse me with questions or comments, I can can give the appearance of paying attention to them.

The QC-35s are not “earbuds”.....

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can get Bluetooth earbuds or earpods for less than $30 that sound as good as Apple airpods. They just don't have all the extra bells and whistles.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought a cheep pair off Amazon last year that had great sound and battery lasted close to 6 hours, then I recently purchased Jaybird X3’s for around $100 and they fit and sound so awesome, plus you download their app to access the equalizer!
Here’s the link..

Jaybird X3 Sport Bluetooth Headset for iPhone and Android - Sparta White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M2UVSH...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3039570

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The QC-35s are not “earbuds”.....

That is correct. It’s also why I use them to supplement my Airpods. They are noise canceling, and I can plug them in, which can’t be done with any wireless earbuds that I know of, yet :yes:

I would have loved for the QC30’s to have a wired port.

My dream earbuds are noise canceling Airpods with a wired jack on the inductive charging case.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Im in the same boat of needing new earbuds. Ive been looking at the Jaybird X3, Beats X, Powerbeats 3 and reluctantly the airpods.

Ive got a friend with the airpods whose going to let my try them out because he swears they are great. I dont care for the look of them at all but they are truly wireless. The battery life is a bit concerning however.

The beats X are at the top of my list right now as I can get a geek squad refurb pair from Best for $59.99 with new earcups. The battery life is a bit better as well.

psy_duck

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
i tried the airpods for a couple of weeks and returned them for the beatsX. i like the beatsX better just cause they have more controls and the bass is definitely noticeably better. the airpods were cool and all but they just didnt block enough outside noise for me.... beatsX all the way. i recommend any beatsX or any other w1 earbuds! good luck.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner