Now that the HomePod has announced it's grand arrival, we need to ask...

Are you planning on switching from Sonos or Echo to HomePod?

Why or why not? Which features appeal the most to you? Which Sonos features trump the HomePod's in your opinion?

Let us know in the comments down below!

Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-23-2018 04:50 PM
    Absolutely not. There's no way HomePod can compete with a Sonos hooked up to a receiver and custom speakers.
    Lee_Bo and fencework like this.
    01-23-2018 04:56 PM

Why or why not? Which features appeal the most to you? Which Sonos features trump the HomePod's in your opinion?

I have two Sonos Ones in a stereo pair. I was pretty sure I was going to switch to HomePod but with all it’s limitations I probably won’t now.
    Lee_Bo and fencework like this.
    01-24-2018 10:52 AM
    Possibly. I like the idea of playing my music on the HomePod straight from the Apple Music app via AirPlay. I don't care for the Sonos app. But I'm not sure the HomePod can sound as good as my Play 5's. I'm disappointed that Airplay 2 is delayed. So, for now, I'm only picking up one, testing it out and trying to decide if I move away from Sonos for the whole household or not.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-24-2018 10:54 AM
    I currently run a google home and google home mini in my home along with chromecast's and chromecast audios (I retired my echo dot).
    After the initial honeymoon phase I stopped using 3rd party actions and used my google home devices purely for controlling my smart lighting, power inputs and turning my Apple TV/ AV Receiver on and off via Harmony Hub and SmartThings.
    Whole home audio works really well thanks to chromecast audios being able to convert my dumb speakers (varying degrees of quality speakers)...

So why am I interested in HomePod? The products potential in which I hope to see:

Apple TV voice control including iTunes content and live content.
    Whole home audio for video content via AirPlay 2 (something you cant do without delay on google products).
    HomeKit audio notifications e.g.: your front door has opened, unexpected activity on your security camera! Do you want to view on Apple TV?
    Facetime Audio/ Accept normal calls between multiple HomePods/iOS devices (just like I can on iOS, WatchOS, MacOS (without hand-off).

However, what I need to see from Apple is a broader range of product in this field to compete e.g. Google Chromecast Audio competitor. I also need/hope to see an implementation of AirPlay that allows a AirPlay compatible AV receiver the ability to stream audio from a connected device like a games console back to HomePods.

I don't mind the fact that, at launch at least, I'll have to AirPlay Spotify to a HomePod but please find a way of implementing AirPlay so that my iOS device isn’t on lock down. Simply send the stream url to the speaker so I can take a call without interrupting the stream and the ambience created.

I'll be buying one on launch (I work in consumer tech support) but it'll be a while before I honestly think it'll be worth purchasing for normal consumers. Time will tell but I'm looking forward to the journey (provided HomePod evolves beyond what I mentioned).
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-24-2018 12:15 PM

No I am heavily invested in Sonos already, it does everything I want and I love the system.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-24-2018 12:52 PM
    I'm currently using an Echo Dot and right now it's doing what I need it to do. The only think I don't like is no Apple Music on Echo. At the $349 preorder price, I'll probably pass.
    01-24-2018 02:47 PM
    No way to compare this thing to a REAL multi-room system like the Sonos ... I am as well heavily invested in Sonos (Playbase, Sub, Play:1s, Play:5s and a couple of the new Alexa integrated Play Ones around the house) and could not be happier Also, Alexa blows Siri out of the water ... sorry Apple - you’re a bit late to this party
    01-24-2018 03:02 PM
    I do not see any real benefit of the Home Pod in my Apple environment, to me Sonos offers a wider range of uses for the their devices and far greater connectivity options compared Apples walled garden approach. We have Mac's appleTV's, iPads, iPhones, and with all of that I wan to upgrade my NAS first to 80TB of storage for the 16TB I have today, and use Plex to connect it to my AppleTV so I can remove iTunes as the connection between them. Sonos will offer better whole home connectivity and use case for me at least.
    Yesterday 09:34 PM
    Also, Alexa blows Siri out of the water ... sorry Apple - you’re a bit late to this party
    Totally agree here. Siri is getting better but Apple missed the boat. In typical Apple fashion I wouldn’t be surprised to see Siri come out on top in the end but they’re never in a hurry to evolve things.
    Today 06:54 AM