What do you NOT LIKE about Apple?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My main problem with apple is that to me they don't innovate anymore. Just look at the iPhone X the camera is pretty good and the sensors on the front camera are great too but that like the only real innovative thing about the phone. The Face ID recognition may have been perfected by Apple but Samsung and LG beat them too it and the swipe gestures Palm and BlackBerry already had those long before apple did. Not to mention the removal of the headphone jack annoys me and we'll as them removing the fingerprint reader.

This is only a fraction of my problems with apple innovation in the modern days. Because of this I have not bought a new Apple product since 2013 and don't plan to anytime soon.
In fact some say Oneplus and Samsung did face Id better, as in it was faster in both cases compared to Apple's implementation.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Faster yes, but also less secure. Samsung can be fooled by a photo. Apple maps a 3D image of your face in roughly 1-1.5 seconds.

I have an s8+ as well. Their Face ID is not faster. And it fails half of the time. It’s an awful experience compared to iPhone Face ID.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Faster yes, but also less secure. Samsung can be fooled by a photo. Apple maps a 3D image of your face in roughly 1-1.5 seconds.

This is important and I do not claim to be expert but I am quite sure all “Face ID” is not the same. It is impossible then to compare the speed of the 2 because one may be doing a better job (more secure) than the other as you point out.
What is more important; getting into your phone .25 seconds quicker or being more secure? I know which I would choose.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
My main problem with apple is that to me they don't innovate anymore. Just look at the iPhone X the camera is pretty good and the sensors on the front camera are great too but that like the only real innovative thing about the phone. The Face ID recognition may have been perfected by Apple but Samsung and LG beat them too it and the swipe gestures Palm and BlackBerry already had those long before apple did. Not to mention the removal of the headphone jack annoys me and we'll as them removing the fingerprint reader.

This is only a fraction of my problems with apple innovation in the modern days. Because of this I have not bought a new Apple product since 2013 and don't plan to anytime soon.

To be fair to Apple, there is not much innovation in the smart phone industry in general at the moment. The modern smart phone took shape in the period 2000-2010, and there have been few meaningful innovations since around 2013, when 4G and fingerprint readers appeared in mainstream phones. What we have seen since then is continuous incremental improvements such as small performance gains (which are often not very meaningful to users), small annual improvements to screen quality, etc.

We have seen one much more important thing, but in an area where Apple doesn't play - price reductions. The phone you can buy for EUR 800-1000 has not changed very much... but the phone you can buy for EUR 150 has changed enormously!

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I can't recall if I have replied to the thread before, but I would say the prices for their computers seem a bit hefty, considering the components in the machine itself.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
What I dislike most about Apple is the products they introduce to great fan-fair and then neglect for several years. IBook Author is one recent example among many. Siri is another. All they had to do was have Siri automatically do a Google search when it could not answer a question and it would have been close to a competitive voice assistant. The Apple pencil needs an eraser capability and, perhaps, more gray levels to be competitive.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
The Apple pencil needs an eraser capability and, perhaps, more gray levels to be competitive.

Apple are not so smart. What the Apple pencil really needs is different colours. Imagine the profits to be made by selling not just one piece of plastic for $100, but 20 different colours for $2000!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
There’s not much that I don’t like about Apple tbh. Currently I’m frustrated because I really wanted an IPP 3. I found the last event to be underwhelming and soporific and I’m really glad I didn’t need a new phone. I agree with whoever that said Apple doesn’t seem hungry anymore, that they no longer have their foot on the gas.

I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. I won’t put any important stuff on it like banking or taxes, I keep that on Apple devices, (at the moment that means just my phone) but for light stuff like surfing and movies, I’ll give Samsung a go... tentatively because I’ve been burned before, lol.

Waiting for Apple to underwhelm me is pretty frustrating, though.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Still holding out hope for another Apple event in October that announces new IPads.

Same here. I’d like to upgrade my 1st gen iPad Pro. The battery life on my current one is starting to degrade. But I use it quite a bit just because it’s more portable than my MBP.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There’s not much that I don’t like about Apple tbh. Currently I’m frustrated because I really wanted an IPP 3. I found the last event to be underwhelming and soporific and I’m really glad I didn’t need a new phone. I agree with whoever that said Apple doesn’t seem hungry anymore, that they no longer have their foot on the gas.

I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. I won’t put any important stuff on it like banking or taxes, I keep that on Apple devices, (at the moment that means just my phone) but for light stuff like surfing and movies, I’ll give Samsung a go... tentatively because I’ve been burned before, lol.

Waiting for Apple to underwhelm me is pretty frustrating, though.
Things like Samsung Pass, Pay, etc. are encrypted and secured with Knox on Samsung devices, since 2013...

Just use Secure Folder with Biometric Authentication.

Install Banking apps in Knox. You can also install messaging apps twice for secured accounts.

Not sure how the Tab S4 hardware is set up, though.

That being said, I view Android on Tablets as fairly legacy right now. Google is clearly pivoting to ChromeOS, there.

Apple has priced me out of their market segment, and I simply want devices that speak to more others, these days.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro