What do you NOT LIKE about Apple?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The convenience is great, but I base my audio product price tags off of audio quality and there is absolutely no way Apple put that level quality in the AirPods. I would love to try them, but I’ll never pay that price myself.

AirPods are my favorite things apple has released is years. Well worth the money in my opinion.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
AirPods are my favorite things apple has released is years. Well worth the money in my opinion.
I'll happily try a heavily discounted or free pair. I'm sure I would use them more than my BeatsX even, I'm just never going to pay $100 or more for them. The EarPods are a stretch at $30, and just giving them a wireless chip doesn't justify a $130 price hike in my opinion.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'll happily try a heavily discounted or free pair. I'm sure I would use them more than my BeatsX even, I'm just never going to pay $100 or more for them. The EarPods are a stretch at $30, and just giving them a wireless chip doesn't justify a $130 price hike in my opinion.

That’s the thing. People who haven’t tried them say the same thing. People who have loved them. It’s more than just a wireless chip that makes hem different.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Until a week ago I had an Watch series 0.
To listen songs via my Watch on the AirPods I had to disconnect the AirPods from the iPhone and only then I could connect them to my Watch.

With the Watch Series 3 the AirPods are connected simultaneously to both the Watch and the iPhone.
Tapping playing on one will pause the other and vice versa.
As long as other wireless headphones can’t do this, the AirPods will be well worth their money for me.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I’ve heard some people say they don’t see enough Apple criticism on iMore. So let’s jump into it then, I’d like to keep this an active thread if possible. I’ll post my own dislikes later, for now, what do you not like about Apple?
As for your opening sentence, I really DONT want iMore to became a nest of haters and resident trolls like MacRumors. A place where every single Apple move is criticized and every single bug is blow out of proportion.
Yes, Apple is not perfect, and yes, sometimes their policy is disappointing. But we can always opt out of their ecosystem if we don’t like it anymore.
Something isn’t going to happen any soon in my case, since I really like their products.

As far I’m concerned what I don’t like about Apple, being an Apple user since 1989, mostly are some hardware choices on very expensive devices (i.e. no user replaceable battery or ram on Mac, 2 GB of RAM on 2017/2018 iPhone, selling iPhone with 16 GB of storage for too much time...) and their price policy outside US, where prices are sometimes ridiculously high.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
The greed in their pricing. I mean I’m going to pay whatever they ask. I always have. But an iPhone now costing $1149? Apple care $200? It’s like $1450 after tax if you pay retail. It’s not just the phone. MacBook Pro’s and all have sky rocketed in the past couple of years.

Greed is what I don’t like about Apple.
Yep, that’s my bigger point of criticism.
Do you want to sell me a $1400 premium iPhone ? Fine, than put in 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage minimum, and give me a quick charger in the package. Don’t cheap out on a device that expensive!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I see that all the time too, I will never think they are worth $100 or more though.

I was firm in my stance to. I was positive there was no way they were worth it. I allowed myself to be proven wrong. It sounds like there is zero chance of that happening in your case. That is your choice and totally cool. Nobody should try to make anyone see value in something that they just don’t want to see the value in. You have a different solution that works for you.

On the other side I was positive that I would not like the Beats X. I was 100% correct. I bought a pair, tried using them for a couple weeks and took them back. I got them for around $100 on sale. I was hoping to save a few bucks over the AirPods. I hated them. I absolutely would not use them if they were free. I did let myself try them though and found out that my suspicion was correct in that case.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
On the other side I was positive that I would not like the Beats X. I was 100% correct. I bought a pair, tried using them for a couple weeks and took them back. I got them for around $100 on sale. I was hoping to save a few bucks over the AirPods. I hated them. I absolutely would not use them if they were free. I did let myself try them though and found out that my suspicion was correct in that case.

What didnt you like about the Beats X? Im in search if a new pair of headphones for the gym to use with my Apple Watch and those are ones high on my list. I wear glasses so the powerbeats hooks annoy me.

As for the airpods, I just cant get past how ridiculous they look. The concept is excellent but the design is just weird imo.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What didnt you like about the Beats X? Im in search if a new pair of headphones for the gym to use with my Apple Watch and those are ones high on my list. I wear glasses so the powerbeats hooks annoy me.

As for the airpods, I just cant get past how ridiculous they look. The concept is excellent but the design is just weird imo.

I didn’t like anything about the Beats X. They were not comfortable, the cord is too long for me and just gets in the way and the sound wasn’t any better than the airpods, in my opinion.

I have PowerBeats 2 and love them. I’ve used them for a while and they are just about at the end of life. They’ve seen a lot. Lol.

I thought the airpods looked weird too, but after using them I don’t care. I used to asked what they were all the time. Now, I see people wearing them all the time and nobody even asks me what they are anymore.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I thought the AirPods were dumb, but when I got a pair a couple of months ago I was and wasn’t surprised at how much I liked them. The sound quality doesn’t improve but I’m not the type of person to be sitting in my den and throwing on some music in a quiet room. I primarily listen with earbuds on when working out. The convenience of AirPods justify the price, for me. Never have to worry about charging.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Nothing, I am all Apple and very happy where I am. I have my iPhone, Apple TV, and am saving for a Mac.
I also recently decided to subscribe to Apple Music.
Each OS has their strengths and weaknesses.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Nothing bothers me about it.
If it did, I’d dump it like I dumped BlackBerry and Android. But after trying them all, Apple works perfectly for me.

donnyg

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Apple has become like any other company, become mediocre. No more innovation. Pushing out products without debugging only to issue patches constantly. In part the consumer is to blame because we are impatient. Companies need to stay focused on one thing and that's their core business. Not in politics or social issues as a core. I applaud those that contribute to causes but do it on the and under the radar. In the beginning, consumers bought the products because of the product not some ideal, political or social status. When the quality of the product falls off so will the consumers over time. Now get busy and WOW us again Apple. Meanwhile I'll be over at Alphabet.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Nothing bothers me about it.
If it did, I’d dump it like I dumped BlackBerry and Android. But after trying them all, Apple works perfectly for me.

Perfectly said Q.
We can nit pick any and all of them but ultimately you have to chose the one you like best and go with it. That’s what I’ve done anyway.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Perfectly said Q.
We can nit pick any and all of them but ultimately you have to chose the one you like best and go with it. That’s what I’ve done anyway.

I know, right? Why waste time on something you don’t like? To think of all the money I wasted!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR