What do you NOT LIKE about Apple?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I said the same thing, until I used them for a week. I had made fun of them. I had ripped Apple for the price tag. You name it, I said it. Then, after a few months, I happened to catch them in stock at an Apple Store and figured I should at least try them so I could justify my contempt for them and Apple for ripping off customers again. Well, that didn't work out so well. I use them all the time for working out, listening to podcasts or books and phone calls. They are so easy and convenient. I am not saying they are worth it for you. They are not for everyone, but I sure did eat a big old serving of crow after actually using them.

The convenience is great, but I base my audio product price tags off of audio quality and there is absolutely no way Apple put that level quality in the AirPods. I would love to try them, but I’ll never pay that price myself.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The convenience is great, but I base my audio product price tags off of audio quality and there is absolutely no way Apple put that level quality in the AirPods. I would love to try them, but I’ll never pay that price myself.

Yeah I didn’t buy them for the sound quality. It’s the convenience and 100% worth it for me. That’s why they are not for everyone. I put more value in convenience than sound quality for a product like this. If I’m looking for sound quality I’m looking at wired headphones and probably over the ear. Two different purposes for me. I have tried a number of wireless headphones/earbuds and while some served a purpose or maybe two, none served everything I needed them for. The AirPods do that for me.

Trust me, at this price, I wish I didn’t like them so much. Lol.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I absolutely HATE iTunes. In addition there should be a web player for Apple Music; trying to use it through iTunes sucks. I just switched back to Apple Music from Spodify due to content but dear science do I hate iTunes.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I said the same thing, until I used them for a week. I had made fun of them. I had ripped Apple for the price tag. You name it, I said it. Then, after a few months, I happened to catch them in stock at an Apple Store and figured I should at least try them so I could justify my contempt for them and Apple for ripping off customers again. Well, that didn't work out so well. I use them all the time for working out, listening to podcasts or books and phone calls. They are so easy and convenient. I am not saying they are worth it for you. They are not for everyone, but I sure did eat a big old serving of crow after actually using them.

Exactly my experience. I bought them on a whim and very quickly transitioned from disdain to love. They’re the most “Apple” product Apple has put out in a while.

anon(10401633)

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Common RPM rates, in both laptop and desktops, are between 5400 and 7200 RPM. Given two identically designed hard drives with the same areal densities, a 7200 RPM drive will deliver data about
33% faster than the 5400 RPM. Using the HDD to act as system drive, running applications from it that care about latency, 7200 RPM is a noticable difference when the drive is running the operating
system and opening programs.

Unfortunately, there is no option to upgrade to a 7200 drive on the 21.5" display iMAC. I can't explain why Apple insists on making this three legged turtle their default storage option for the 21.5" It's like driving a golf cart on the freeway. Eventually, you're going to get to the destination, but no one is gonna enjoy the experience.

So you decide to stay within your budget before configuring your new iMAC, and out of necessity, you go with hybrid storage 1TB on a 5400 RPM spinning hard drive where the only paired option on the 21.5" display is 32GB SS flash. Basically, it's the experience as you had before, except instead of driving a golf cart, you've now upgraded to the Toyota Prius. So by the game rules that Apple writes, you're forced to max out to future proof an iMAC selection by upgrading to a 27" that you may not want. Or you can take the alternative option by staying with the 21.5" and upgrade to a 512GB SSD drive. Either way, plunking down $1800 for either option may just seem obscenely over priced for an aging system.

Many other manufacturers don't default their hard drive design at this ancient RPM rate. What benefit does anyone receive owning a 21.5" iMAC? Nobody can defend the argument by saying iMAC will last
longer than all other manufacturer's PC's or that Apple has the greatest customer service. No, Apple doesn't want to lower their starting price on this aging system because they had all the angles
figured out long ago.

Their bottom line profit margin by charging full price on an older system should drive away the average
educated consumer in that market. But I guess there are more technology challenged consumers out there that Apple would care to admit they have managed to pursuade. If all it takes is to manage converting believers to think that every product released is the top of line line and state of the art, then they've won.

anon(10401633)

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Classic Apple, at the last Keynote Tim Cook was talking about the new iMac Pro and then bragging that they kept it under 5000 dollars! 4999! OMFG that's an insane price for a computer! lol

Because they designed it geared more for professionals, e.g. architecture, design, etc, not the general audience. Hence, the hefty price which enterprises are willingly going to spend.

anon(10401633)

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
The one thing that grinds my teeth is Apple’s insistence on hailing every little feature of their products as the most life-changing, ground-breaking, advanced thing in the world. The iPhone X is the most beautifully designed piece of hardware any smartphone manufacturer has ever made, in my opinion. That said, there isn’t much that the iPhone X does that other smartphone makers haven’t been doing for a while now. OLED isn’t new by any means, wireless charging has been around for years, and facial recognition isn’t new either (although Apple admittedly raised the bar with Face ID). It seems Apple has really fallen behind from a vision and innovation standpoint. Their “let’s take a bunch of features that already exist and just do it better” approach isn’t innovative.

I'm sure the JESUS phone is beautiful, but I'll never pay $1,000 + for any mobile device that's going to hit the ground at least once only to end up making me feel sick to my stomach

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site
What I don’t like: Instead of getting a new OS release every two years that’s been thoroughly tested and runs smooth from the start, we get one rushed out every year with numerous bugs so we’re running a beta-quality OS for three out of every twelve months!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure the JESUS phone is beautiful, but I'll never pay $1,000 + for any mobile device that's going to hit the ground at least once only to end up making me feel sick to my stomach

To each his/her own. For what it’s worth I dropped my iPhone X on tile the other day and it’s perfectly fine.

PAC757

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok I’ll admit I’m new to iPhone, and have been using Android Phone’s for the past 8 years, this being my first iPhone (a company issued 6s)I really only have 2 things I am really missing one the battery life on the 6s isn’t that good for a brand new phone second thing I do not like this keyboard at all. I installed SwiftKey which is what I’ve been using for years on android but of courses they left out a lot of the customization on iOS, the letters seem smaller, the keyboard is missing all the options available on SwiftKey, no number row, no long press for any punctuation. Really it's just the iPhone keyboard that let's you change colors.

anon(9710967)

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
My main problem with apple is that to me they don't innovate anymore. Just look at the iPhone X the camera is pretty good and the sensors on the front camera are great too but that like the only real innovative thing about the phone. The Face ID recognition may have been perfected by Apple but Samsung and LG beat them too it and the swipe gestures Palm and BlackBerry already had those long before apple did. Not to mention the removal of the headphone jack annoys me and we'll as them removing the fingerprint reader.

This is only a fraction of my problems with apple innovation in the modern days. Because of this I have not bought a new Apple product since 2013 and don't plan to anytime soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73