The Skin, and that’s all I got to say about that.
    Agree, but I do like potato skins.
    02-01-2018 05:00 PM
    Nothing bothers me about it.
    If it did, I’d dump it like I dumped BlackBerry and Android. But after trying them all, Apple works perfectly for me.
    TgeekB and Just_Me_D like this.
    02-03-2018 08:29 AM
    Apple has become like any other company, become mediocre. No more innovation. Pushing out products without debugging only to issue patches constantly. In part the consumer is to blame because we are impatient. Companies need to stay focused on one thing and that's their core business. Not in politics or social issues as a core. I applaud those that contribute to causes but do it on the and under the radar. In the beginning, consumers bought the products because of the product not some ideal, political or social status. When the quality of the product falls off so will the consumers over time. Now get busy and WOW us again Apple. Meanwhile I'll be over at Alphabet.
    02-03-2018 10:11 AM
    Nothing bothers me about it.
    If it did, I’d dump it like I dumped BlackBerry and Android. But after trying them all, Apple works perfectly for me.
    Perfectly said Q.
    We can nit pick any and all of them but ultimately you have to chose the one you like best and go with it. That’s what I’ve done anyway.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    02-03-2018 10:25 AM
    Perfectly said Q.
    We can nit pick any and all of them but ultimately you have to chose the one you like best and go with it. That’s what I’ve done anyway.
    I know, right? Why waste time on something you don’t like? To think of all the money I wasted!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-04-2018 12:33 AM
    I know, right? Why waste time on something you don’t like? To think of all the money I wasted!
    Going to Switchers Anonymous really helped me with my chronic switching addiction. 🤣
    qbnkelt likes this.
    02-04-2018 07:24 AM
    My main problem with apple is that to me they don't innovate anymore. Just look at the iPhone X the camera is pretty good and the sensors on the front camera are great too but that like the only real innovative thing about the phone. The Face ID recognition may have been perfected by Apple but Samsung and LG beat them too it and the swipe gestures Palm and BlackBerry already had those long before apple did. Not to mention the removal of the headphone jack annoys me and we'll as them removing the fingerprint reader.

This is only a fraction of my problems with apple innovation in the modern days. Because of this I have not bought a new Apple product since 2013 and don't plan to anytime soon.
    In fact some say Oneplus and Samsung did face Id better, as in it was faster in both cases compared to Apple's implementation.
    02-09-2018 09:12 PM
    In fact some say Oneplus and Samsung did face Id better, as in it was faster in both cases compared to Apple's implementation.
    Faster yes, but also less secure. Samsung can be fooled by a photo. Apple maps a 3D image of your face in roughly 1-1.5 seconds.
    02-09-2018 11:30 PM
    Faster yes, but also less secure. Samsung can be fooled by a photo. Apple maps a 3D image of your face in roughly 1-1.5 seconds.
    I have an s8+ as well. Their Face ID is not faster. And it fails half of the time. It’s an awful experience compared to iPhone Face ID.
    Tartarus and Speedygi like this.
    02-10-2018 12:18 AM
    This is important and I do not claim to be expert but I am quite sure all “Face ID” is not the same. It is impossible then to compare the speed of the 2 because one may be doing a better job (more secure) than the other as you point out.
    What is more important; getting into your phone .25 seconds quicker or being more secure? I know which I would choose.
    02-10-2018 09:00 AM
    The prices
    02-26-2018 07:29 PM
    The price is too high, i mean for the new model.. lol (i'm poor)
    03-11-2018 04:49 AM
    My main problem with apple is that to me they don't innovate anymore. Just look at the iPhone X the camera is pretty good and the sensors on the front camera are great too but that like the only real innovative thing about the phone. The Face ID recognition may have been perfected by Apple but Samsung and LG beat them too it and the swipe gestures Palm and BlackBerry already had those long before apple did. Not to mention the removal of the headphone jack annoys me and we'll as them removing the fingerprint reader.

This is only a fraction of my problems with apple innovation in the modern days. Because of this I have not bought a new Apple product since 2013 and don't plan to anytime soon.
    To be fair to Apple, there is not much innovation in the smart phone industry in general at the moment. The modern smart phone took shape in the period 2000-2010, and there have been few meaningful innovations since around 2013, when 4G and fingerprint readers appeared in mainstream phones. What we have seen since then is continuous incremental improvements such as small performance gains (which are often not very meaningful to users), small annual improvements to screen quality, etc.

We have seen one much more important thing, but in an area where Apple doesn't play - price reductions. The phone you can buy for EUR 800-1000 has not changed very much... but the phone you can buy for EUR 150 has changed enormously!
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 03-13-2018 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Grammar
    03-13-2018 08:43 AM
    I can't recall if I have replied to the thread before, but I would say the prices for their computers seem a bit hefty, considering the components in the machine itself.
    03-16-2018 01:52 PM
    The dreaded Apple TV remote.
    03-18-2018 05:59 PM
    What I dislike most about Apple is the products they introduce to great fan-fair and then neglect for several years. IBook Author is one recent example among many. Siri is another. All they had to do was have Siri automatically do a Google search when it could not answer a question and it would have been close to a competitive voice assistant. The Apple pencil needs an eraser capability and, perhaps, more gray levels to be competitive.
    03-29-2018 11:58 AM
    The Apple pencil needs an eraser capability and, perhaps, more gray levels to be competitive.
    Apple are not so smart. What the Apple pencil really needs is different colours. Imagine the profits to be made by selling not just one piece of plastic for $100, but 20 different colours for $2000!
    03-29-2018 04:32 PM
92 ... 234