iTunes and iCloud. There has to be a better way.
    01-23-2018 03:05 PM
    The customer still control the price point, but we as a whole, have forgotten that. I don’t blame Apple for our decision to buy their products at the price they place on them. It’s not their fault if we give in to the price. That’s on us and apparently Apple hasn’t reached a price point where a majority of consumers overwhelmingly rejects.
    Exactly. Every year more people complain about Apple's prices and yet they sell like hotcakes all year. Until the consumer actually speaks with their wallet, why would they stop raising prices?
    DMP89145 and metllicamilitia like this.
    01-23-2018 03:29 PM
    I don't like that Apple feels the entitlement it has, but they do come out with quality products. I mean, you can't fault a company for doing that.
    01-23-2018 07:24 PM
    Lol, hadnt seen that one. Thats funny.
    I see Android getting the least hate haha
    01-23-2018 07:28 PM
    iTunes and iCloud. There has to be a better way.
    Agreed!
    metllicamilitia likes this.
    01-23-2018 07:43 PM
    That a beta was needed with months of testing and the end result is two rather unimportant features and stability improvements.
    01-24-2018 04:11 AM
    The amount of people doesnt bother me in the least. The general attitude of alot of Apple users is what bothers me. Theres a certain amount of snobishness this comes with the crowd.
    As true as that is, I find the Android camp far and above more abrasive. I don’t think Apple has the exclusive on obnoxious fanboys. I do find though that one thing the Apple camp has is people who take any criticism of any Apple product personally, as though they had designed and built it with their bare hands.
    cwbcpa and Annie_8plus like this.
    01-24-2018 05:38 AM
    The biggest thing that irritates me with Apple is that, seemingly since Jobs passed away, they try to cram as many features as possible, without focusing on quality and stability. “It just works” was a motto that applied ten years ago. Now, it’s shocking how some half baked features make it in to releases, with fixes taking months to arrive. I would take two new stable features over 10 half baked ones any day.

There was a time where emojis would not be the major bullet points for a release, too. Once upon a time that would have quietly slipped in.
    01-24-2018 05:44 AM
    The one thing that grinds my teeth is Apple’s insistence on hailing every little feature of their products as the most life-changing, ground-breaking, advanced thing in the world. The iPhone X is the most beautifully designed piece of hardware any smartphone manufacturer has ever made, in my opinion. That said, there isn’t much that the iPhone X does that other smartphone makers haven’t been doing for a while now. OLED isn’t new by any means, wireless charging has been around for years, and facial recognition isn’t new either (although Apple admittedly raised the bar with Face ID). It seems Apple has really fallen behind from a vision and innovation standpoint. Their “let’s take a bunch of features that already exist and just do it better” approach isn’t innovative.
    01-24-2018 06:45 AM
    The one thing that grinds my teeth is Apple’s insistence on hailing every little feature of their products as the most life-changing, ground-breaking, advanced thing in the world. The iPhone X is the most beautifully designed piece of hardware any smartphone manufacturer has ever made, in my opinion. That said, there isn’t much that the iPhone X does that other smartphone makers haven’t been doing for a while now. OLED isn’t new by any means, wireless charging has been around for years, and facial recognition isn’t new either (although Apple admittedly raised the bar with Face ID). It seems Apple has really fallen behind from a vision and innovation standpoint. Their “let’s take a bunch of features that already exist and just do it better” approach isn’t innovative.
    For the most part I agree with you. I have used both Samsung and Apple devices for a number of years. I like the Note line for all the things it can do even though some do end up being less useful than advertised or half baked. I expect that from Samsung, and they have actually done a better job lately of being at least a little more focused.

On the other hand I look to Apple to do things right. I love my iPhones because I can pick them up and know it's going to work the first time. They have historically been late with features, but they consistently take things a notch (no pun intended) with the quality and presentation. I would say that was true with Face ID on the iPhone X, but that is about it. iOS 11 is the worst software update Apple has put out that I can remember. It certainly has not been terrible, but by Apple standards, it has not been good. So I guess while I am all for innovation, I really look to Apple to do things right, even if that means being late to the game. They seem to be trying to do a little of each and missing on both right now. Beautiful phones are great, but software is more important than ever and right now Apple is struggling in that area, in my opinion.
    01-24-2018 07:30 AM
    For the most part I agree with you. I have used both Samsung and Apple devices for a number of years. I like the Note line for all the things it can do even though some do end up being less useful than advertised or half baked. I expect that from Samsung, and they have actually done a better job lately of being at least a little more focused.

On the other hand I look to Apple to do things right. I love my iPhones because I can pick them up and know it's going to work the first time. They have historically been late with features, but they consistently take things a notch (no pun intended) with the quality and presentation. I would say that was true with Face ID on the iPhone X, but that is about it. iOS 11 is the worst software update Apple has put out that I can remember. It certainly has not been terrible, but by Apple standards, it has not been good. So I guess while I am all for innovation, I really look to Apple to do things right, even if that means being late to the game. They seem to be trying to do a little of each and missing on both right now. Beautiful phones are great, but software is more important than ever and right now Apple is struggling in that area, in my opinion.
    So what do we disagree on then?
    There definitely needs to be a balance there. Some of the things that keep me buying Apple products, aside from my huge investment in the ecosystem, are reliability, security, and ease of use. I think Apple does a good job with all of those things. I’ve actually been pretty content with iOS 11, especially as an iPad user. That said, I see the scales tipped away from the innovative company Apple once was. It seems they prefer to rely on other smartphone makers to come up with new ideas and don’t bring much to the table other than a few gimmicky features here and there. One of the things that originally attracted me to Apple was its uncanny ability to figure out what users needed or wanted before they even asked for it. Today...not so much. They like to force their beliefs on what they think users need, but they don’t always get it right. Some examples...no type A USB ports on the latest MacBook Pros, ditching the MagSafe adapter (which I have always adored), removing the headphone jack, etc.
    Don’t get me wrong, I love Apple products and have no plans to switch anytime soon. I just think they’ve lost their edge.
    Last edited by Rob Phillips; 01-24-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    metllicamilitia likes this.
    01-24-2018 07:43 AM
    Exactly. Every year more people complain about Apple's prices and yet they sell like hotcakes all year. Until the consumer actually speaks with their wallet, why would they stop raising prices?
    Classic Apple, at the last Keynote Tim Cook was talking about the new iMac Pro and then bragging that they kept it under 5000 dollars! 4999! OMFG that's an insane price for a computer! lol
    01-24-2018 07:55 AM
    So what do we disagree on then?
    There definitely needs to be a balance there. Some of the things that keeps me buying Apple products, aside from my huge investment in the ecosystem, are reliability, security, and ease of use. I think Apple does a good job with all of those things. I’ve actually been pretty content with iOS 11, especially as an iPad user. That said, I see the scales tipped away from the innovative company Apple once was. It seems they prefer to rely on other smartphone makers to come up with new ideas and don’t bring much to the table other than a few gimmicky features here and there. One of the things that originally attracted me to Apple was its uncanny ability to figure out what users needed or wanted before they even asked for it. Today...not so much. They like to force their beliefs on what they think users need, but they don’t always get it right. Some examples...no type A USB ports on the latest MacBook Pros, ditching the MagSafe adapter (which I have always adored), removing the headphone jack, etc.
    Don’t get me wrong, I love Apple products and have no plans to switch anytime soon. I just think they’ve lost their edge.
    Lol. Yeah I really don’t think I disagree with anything you said actually. I don’t have an iPad right now, but it does look like iOS 11 was geared towards the iPad more than iPhone. My kids have iPad 2’s and use them all the time. I hardly ever touch them. That being said, I have not had nearly the issues that some have had with iOS 11. It just seems to have been the worst update for Apple in a while. Keep in mind that a bad update for Apple is probably considered a success with some OS’s.

I’m not so deep in the ecosystem that I couldn’t get out, but my family is all Apple and life is easier when I am too. Plus I like my Apple Watch and the AirPods are probably the best product Apple has put out in a long time.
    01-24-2018 07:56 AM
    Lol. Yeah I really don’t think I disagree with anything you said actually. I don’t have an iPad right now, but it does look like iOS 11 was geared towards the iPad more than iPhone. My kids have iPad 2’s and use them all the time. I hardly ever touch them. That being said, I have not had nearly the issues that some have had with iOS 11. It just seems to have been the worst update for Apple in a while. Keep in mind that a bad update for Apple is probably considered a success with some OS’s.

I’m not so deep in the ecosystem that I couldn’t get out, but my family is all Apple and life is easier when I am too. Plus I like my Apple Watch and the AirPods are probably the best product Apple has put out in a long time.
    I would agree with you on AirPods if they weren’t $160. There is nothing I can use to justify that cost.
    01-24-2018 11:30 AM
    I would agree with you on AirPods if they weren’t $160. There is nothing I can use to justify that cost.
    I said the same thing, until I used them for a week. I had made fun of them. I had ripped Apple for the price tag. You name it, I said it. Then, after a few months, I happened to catch them in stock at an Apple Store and figured I should at least try them so I could justify my contempt for them and Apple for ripping off customers again. Well, that didn't work out so well. I use them all the time for working out, listening to podcasts or books and phone calls. They are so easy and convenient. I am not saying they are worth it for you. They are not for everyone, but I sure did eat a big old serving of crow after actually using them.
    Matt Manahan likes this.
    01-24-2018 11:39 AM
    I said the same thing, until I used them for a week. I had made fun of them. I had ripped Apple for the price tag. You name it, I said it. Then, after a few months, I happened to catch them in stock at an Apple Store and figured I should at least try them so I could justify my contempt for them and Apple for ripping off customers again. Well, that didn't work out so well. I use them all the time for working out, listening to podcasts or books and phone calls. They are so easy and convenient. I am not saying they are worth it for you. They are not for everyone, but I sure did eat a big old serving of crow after actually using them.
    The convenience is great, but I base my audio product price tags off of audio quality and there is absolutely no way Apple put that level quality in the AirPods. I would love to try them, but I’ll never pay that price myself.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    01-24-2018 11:45 AM
    The convenience is great, but I base my audio product price tags off of audio quality and there is absolutely no way Apple put that level quality in the AirPods. I would love to try them, but I’ll never pay that price myself.
    Yeah I didn’t buy them for the sound quality. It’s the convenience and 100% worth it for me. That’s why they are not for everyone. I put more value in convenience than sound quality for a product like this. If I’m looking for sound quality I’m looking at wired headphones and probably over the ear. Two different purposes for me. I have tried a number of wireless headphones/earbuds and while some served a purpose or maybe two, none served everything I needed them for. The AirPods do that for me.

Trust me, at this price, I wish I didn’t like them so much. Lol.
    01-24-2018 11:53 AM
    I absolutely HATE iTunes. In addition there should be a web player for Apple Music; trying to use it through iTunes sucks. I just switched back to Apple Music from Spodify due to content but dear science do I hate iTunes.
    01-24-2018 12:06 PM
    Exactly my experience. I bought them on a whim and very quickly transitioned from disdain to love. They’re the most “Apple” product Apple has put out in a while.
    metllicamilitia and cwbcpa like this.
    01-24-2018 12:50 PM
    Common RPM rates, in both laptop and desktops, are between 5400 and 7200 RPM. Given two identically designed hard drives with the same areal densities, a 7200 RPM drive will deliver data about
    33% faster than the 5400 RPM. Using the HDD to act as system drive, running applications from it that care about latency, 7200 RPM is a noticable difference when the drive is running the operating
    system and opening programs.

Unfortunately, there is no option to upgrade to a 7200 drive on the 21.5" display iMAC. I can't explain why Apple insists on making this three legged turtle their default storage option for the 21.5" It's like driving a golf cart on the freeway. Eventually, you're going to get to the destination, but no one is gonna enjoy the experience.

So you decide to stay within your budget before configuring your new iMAC, and out of necessity, you go with hybrid storage 1TB on a 5400 RPM spinning hard drive where the only paired option on the 21.5" display is 32GB SS flash. Basically, it's the experience as you had before, except instead of driving a golf cart, you've now upgraded to the Toyota Prius. So by the game rules that Apple writes, you're forced to max out to future proof an iMAC selection by upgrading to a 27" that you may not want. Or you can take the alternative option by staying with the 21.5" and upgrade to a 512GB SSD drive. Either way, plunking down $1800 for either option may just seem obscenely over priced for an aging system.

Many other manufacturers don't default their hard drive design at this ancient RPM rate. What benefit does anyone receive owning a 21.5" iMAC? Nobody can defend the argument by saying iMAC will last
    longer than all other manufacturer's PC's or that Apple has the greatest customer service. No, Apple doesn't want to lower their starting price on this aging system because they had all the angles
    figured out long ago.

Their bottom line profit margin by charging full price on an older system should drive away the average
    educated consumer in that market. But I guess there are more technology challenged consumers out there that Apple would care to admit they have managed to pursuade. If all it takes is to manage converting believers to think that every product released is the top of line line and state of the art, then they've won.
    01-24-2018 01:41 PM
    Classic Apple, at the last Keynote Tim Cook was talking about the new iMac Pro and then bragging that they kept it under 5000 dollars! 4999! OMFG that's an insane price for a computer! lol
    Because they designed it geared more for professionals, e.g. architecture, design, etc, not the general audience. Hence, the hefty price which enterprises are willingly going to spend.
    01-24-2018 07:22 PM
    I'm sure the JESUS phone is beautiful, but I'll never pay $1,000 + for any mobile device that's going to hit the ground at least once only to end up making me feel sick to my stomach
    01-24-2018 07:34 PM
    I'm sure the JESUS phone is beautiful, but I'll never pay $1,000 + for any mobile device that's going to hit the ground at least once only to end up making me feel sick to my stomach
    What Jesus phone are you talking about?
    01-24-2018 07:35 PM
    What Jesus phone are you talking about?
    iPhone X
    01-24-2018 07:37 PM
    iPhone X
    I see, I didn't think that haha. But well the phone is an enthusiast phone, very good according to many reviewers. So...
    01-24-2018 07:40 PM
109 1234 ...