My boyfriend sent me this text by accident, “ Hi honey thank you for the invite to come to hang with me tonight.” He said he was sitting in a meeting bored so he just started selecting random words from predictive text and then sent it to me. He said he didn’t realize it sounded bad until he re-read it later (as he was going out without me that night). He also said he never uses the word honey, as he doesn’t call me that, which doesn’t make sense as I thought predictive text suggested frequently used words?
    His story sounds very unlikely. Predictive text gone wrong or intentional message sent to me instead of his side chick?
    01-01-2018 05:19 PM
    My boyfriend sent me this text by accident, “ Hi honey thank you for the invite to come to hang with me tonight.” He said he was sitting in a meeting bored so he just started selecting random words from predictive text and then sent it to me. He said he didn’t realize it sounded bad until he re-read it later (as he was going out without me that night). He also said he never uses the word honey, as he doesn’t call me that, which doesn’t make sense as I thought predictive text suggested frequently used words?
    His story sounds very unlikely. Predictive text gone wrong or intentional message sent to me instead of his side chick?
    What a way to start the new year.

Just take him up his word.
    You can pretty much fool predictive text to send anything.

And to the question whether he has a side chick/boy/whatever: That’s not a rule that applies to every boy/man. That’s not to say he doesn’t have but it’s also no indication that he will have one.

If you’re in the early stages of your relationship, just break it off already and go with somebody you truly trust. If this post is any indication, it can only get worse from here on in your relation with him.
    friendlyjersey likes this.
    01-01-2018 05:24 PM
    He's cheating. He just sent it to the wrong person.

"It wasn't me, it was the predictive texting, I swear!". Sorry, no.
    01-01-2018 05:27 PM
    The quote you offered sounds odd, like it may have been doodling with predictive text. We had a forum game here where we made up stories using predictive text. Who knows?
    01-01-2018 05:42 PM
    What does your guts tell you?
    I’d take precautions.
    DMP89145 and friendlyjersey like this.
    01-01-2018 05:51 PM
    There is no way for any of us to tell. You can either believe the excuse or not. Good luck with your decision.
    01-01-2018 05:57 PM
    I’m finding that since iOS 11, VOICE to TEXT has got much worse. It’s like it is not as accurate for listening to voice anymore, at least not like it used to be.
    01-01-2018 07:22 PM
    I’m finding that since iOS 11, VOICE to TEXT has got much worse. It’s like it is not as accurate for listening to voice anymore, at least not like it used to be.
    That’s odd. The opposite is true for me.
    English isn’t my native language so my pronunciation is a little off, but for me it works better than before.

Maybe check in Settings > General > Keyboards > Dictation Languages what languages are listed there.
    English has multiple subs, make sure it’s set to the one you’re living in.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-01-2018 07:25 PM
    That’s odd. The opposite is true for me.
    English isn’t my native language so my pronunciation is a little off, but for me it works better than before.

Maybe check in Settings > General > Keyboards > Dictation Languages what languages are listed there.
    English has multiple subs, make sure it’s set to the one you’re living in.
    “English Canada” and “QWERTY “ so should be as good as it gets.
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-01-2018 07:32 PM
    I agree with this. I use voice to text a lot, and spend a lot of time editing. It drives my husband nuts, and he always chides me that "it's called a text message for a reason". Sometime he'll answer my text with a text using predictive text. It makes no sense, and I get the point he's trying to make!
    RaybanRJ and Tartarus like this.
    01-02-2018 10:01 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore. I'm sorry that you're concerned and I really don't know what to think about your boyfriends message. As others have said, I would proceed with caution, and protect your heart. I hope it works out for you! In the meantime, hang out here and feel free to ask any questions or share any knowledge you have.
    01-02-2018 10:03 AM
    I agree with this. I use voice to text a lot, and spend a lot of time editing. It drives my husband nuts, and he always chides me that "it's called a text message for a reason". Sometime he'll answer my text with a text using predictive text. It makes no sense, and I get the point he's trying to make!
    I am patiently waiting for the next incremental smaller update to iOS 11 because it seems to always take a few updates to any new major iOS to get things back on track.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-02-2018 11:24 AM
    He also said he never uses the word honey, as he doesn’t call me that, which doesn’t make sense as I thought predictive text suggested frequently used words?
    That is 100% accurate and that is your smoking gun.
    friendlyjersey and DMP89145 like this.
    01-02-2018 02:02 PM
    My predictive text works well. Half the time it knows what I'm going to type. I can't comment on your relationship and won't. That'a not my job. What I do have to say is trust is important in a relationship.
    01-02-2018 03:38 PM
    Definitely cheating.
    01-03-2018 12:51 AM
    My predictive text function works well most of the time. Depending on my much background noise can affect how it interprets what your saying. But, I always look and read everything before I send it.
    01-03-2018 01:24 PM
    My predictive text function works well most of the time. Depending on my much background noise can affect how it interprets what your saying. But, I always look and read everything before I send it.
    I think you got predictive and dictation confused here.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    01-03-2018 01:43 PM