Trading in iPhone X

squill

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I can’t get used to not having a home button. The gestures don’t always work. The wasted space at the top and bottom of the phone make the actual screen even smaller when typing. No reason not to have the battery % at the top of the screen. Why would the notch take up so much space? I know the OLED is nice and the camera is better and the phone is faster but I miss the bigger screen and the home button. I might go to the 8+ and give back the X. I had the 7+. Any one else have the same feelings?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone X isn’t for everyone. Best of luck with the 8 Plus if you switch. They’re both great phones IMO. I have an iPhone X myself and love it.

Haskerty

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
The iPhone x is designed to be different from the previous iPhone,when I first used it, I didn't have the Home button and I was not used to doing it,

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve had the X since launch day and I LOVE it.
Like Rob said, it’s not for everyone. If you prefer the 8+, then get it :)

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I love the gestures on the X because I hated the home button. I am used to gestures as I have been using them for years on Android and Nova launcher. If only IOS allowed you to customize your gestures. IOS gestures are severely limited.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I can’t get used to not having a home button. The gestures don’t always work. The wasted space at the top and bottom of the phone make the actual screen even smaller when typing. No reason not to have the battery % at the top of the screen. Why would the notch take up so much space? I know the OLED is nice and the camera is better and the phone is faster but I miss the bigger screen and the home button. I might go to the 8+ and give back the X. I had the 7+. Any one else have the same feelings?

I had the 7 Plus then got an 8 Plus when it came out. I went ahead on got an X at launch to see how I liked it. I was in about 2 weeks and took it back and stayed with the 8 Plus. It does feel more cramped when typing, I agree. But landscape video is nothing short of trash on the X, in my opinion. It literally just creates bezels for you and the scaling is smaller than the Plus model.

I don't know, man, I think the X is a great phone but there's no way I can have that as my only device. No fluidity in using it for me like I can my Plus.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The iPhone 8 Plus is an excellent device and is one I don’t have any problems recommending in lieu of the iPhone X. Always get the device that beat suits “you” despite what may suit others best.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I never liked gestures to navigate either but I think it is something we are going to have to get used to with Apple because I think all the new iPhones next year might be facial recognition, even the iPads.

I hope my 7 will be fast enough for the next 2 years at least.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I felt almost the same.
Gestures worked OK for me, but the screen size was very dissatisfying, compared to the plus. Even compared to the regular 7/8, which supported enlarged display, something the X doesn't, for whatever reason, the display seems smaller (yes the X is LONGER, but icon sizes and websites look smaller w/o enlarged display-I compared, both phones lying next each other)!
This, and a few other things that I didn't like about the X, made me go back to the 8+ for now.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Nope.

I realize that it’s an abbreviated response but I can’t imagine ever going backwards to a Plus device now, and for me that would be going backwards. My 7 Plus the hubby inherited from me feels and looks...archaic now. Won’t go back.

FYI no FB crashes here. I’d uninstall.

Masdere

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
I felt almost the same.
Gestures worked OK for me, but the screen size was very dissatisfying, compared to the plus. Even compared to the regular 7/8, which supported enlarged display, something the X doesn't, for whatever reason, the display seems smaller (yes the X is LONGER, but icon sizes and websites look smaller w/o enlarged display-I compared, both phones lying next each other)!
This, and a few other things that I didn't like about the X, made me go back to the 8+ for now.

I'm not happy with that , i will go back my old Android phone ,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711