Why Does the Apple Health Study Stop Whne You Upgrade to 11.2?

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I joined the Apple Health Study last Wednesday (November 29). On December 1 I upgraded my IPhone 7+ to IOS 11.2. The study has spent the last three days waiting for a notification. Should I drop the study and delete the app?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is this the Apple Heart Study app? What notification is the study waiting on? Can you give more information about what has happened?

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it is the app. It just has a screen saying Waiting for Notification. AThi shas been going on for three days plus no0w.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
The top of the screen says: Thank you.
You have been registered for the Apple Heart Study. Turn on notifications if you would like yo receive a notification when the study is ready for you to participate.

At the bottom of the screen in red letters on a white background is Notification Requested.

Note, that I had already been participating in the study for two days before this happened. I had sent five heart information samples in before this started when I updated to IOS 11.2.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Finally got back into the study yesterday when I got the notification that I could participate? Is this going ot happen each time I do an upgrade of my phone IOS??

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Note that on the much more active Macrumors forums, there is a similar thread in which several people are waiting for the notification.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Just yesterday my Heart Study app reverted to 0 readings after 235 days. This lasted for perhaps two hours and then the correct number was restored. Has anyone else seen this sort of error?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711