• 🍺 🍷 🥃 🍸

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cella Lao Rousseau

Staff Writer, iMore.com
Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
"If users allow FaceID to detect when you’re drunk, your phone could urge you to be wary of your inebriated state and prevent you from texting your ex. If you get in your car your phone could alert you that you do not need to drive and suggest an Uber.

I think it would even be fun training FaceID to know when you really have had too much."
01123spiral5813, Reddit

What do you think? Should Apple let users allow FaceID to detect when they’re drunk?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Um....No! How will FaceID prevent anything, if I don’t have my phone, misplaced my phone or too drunk to even retrieve it from my pocket?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh for Pete’s sake... yeah, let’s have our phones monitor us and tell us what to do or not do, because blaming a drunk driving accident on a faulty phone (“but your honor, my phone never told me I was drunk, it’s all Apple’s fault, I’m innocent”) ... Really?
Is there no more accountability in this society that we have to go there? Frankly if my phone started doing that I’d toss it over a cliff and stick to landlines.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh for Pete’s sake... yeah, let’s have our phones monitor us and tell us what to do or not do, because blaming a drunk driving accident on a faulty phone (“but your honor, my phone never told me I was drunk, it’s all Apple’s fault, I’m innocent”) ... Really?
Is there no more accountability in this society that we have to go there? Frankly if my phone started doing that I’d toss it over a cliff and stick to landlines.

It may seem ridiculous to some of us, but believe me, there are a lot of people out there who do not see a problem with it.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It may seem ridiculous to some of us, but believe me, there are a lot of people out there who do not see a problem with it.

Cannot relate - cannot relate - cannot... compute
As you’ve probably figured out by now, I have a “slight” issue with authority in any form

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
That's got to be the silliest idea of the year ! but it could start a new game- training yourself to beat the iPhone intoximeter...
If you don't already know,and because it's the festive season -
You are not drunk if you can get up again !!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
While this is an interesting idea and possible use case for the advanced camera technology it is something Apple should not get into for one simple reason, legal liability either by the person who got drunk or someone who got injured due to the person who got drunk. People need to stop looking to technology to fix something they can address themselves. Don't get drunk and you won't need the phone to tell you that you drunk and unsafe to drive, walk, ride a bike, etc.

Case in point, in-app purchase lawsuits and the resulting hassle it is now. If you have Apple 2FA turned on and even with the never require password enable you are still forced to enter your password to proceed even with FaceID/TouchID enabled for purchases. Parents sued, got money back all because they chose to not monitor their kids and didn't disable the in-app purchases because the iOS device is a great babysitter.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While this is an interesting idea and possible use case for the advanced camera technology it is something Apple should not get into for one simple reason, legal liability either by the person who got drunk or someone who got injured due to the person who got drunk. People need to stop looking to technology to fix something they can address themselves. Don't get drunk and you won't need the phone to tell you that you drunk and unsafe to drive, walk, ride a bike, etc.

Case in point, in-app purchase lawsuits and the resulting hassle it is now. If you have Apple 2FA turned on and even with the never require password enable you are still forced to enter your password to proceed even with FaceID/TouchID enabled for purchases. Parents sued, got money back all because they chose to not monitor their kids and didn't disable the in-app purchases because the iOS device is a great babysitter.

Outstanding response..........’nuf said!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro