Apple's diversity chief has opinion on diversity, steps down after backlash for having opinion

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hiring a person of color or from the LGBTQ community for the sheer purpose of ‘having one of those’, defeats all logic and sincerity.
The goal must be to hire people based on their input, quality and strength.

It’s another story if they consciously skip people based on their background/skin color or sexual preference.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Hiring a person of color or from the LGBTQ community for the sheer purpose of ‘having one of those’, defeats all logic and sincerity.
The goal must be to hire people based on their input, quality and strength.

It’s another story if they consciously skip people based on their background/skin color or sexual preference.

The problem is that corporations want to push every employee that is either male, straight or European, out of these jobs. Then they replace them with diversity hires from Visa Programs and those workers are paid less and often cannot handle the same workload. Companies want money, and right now they know its profitable to replace domestic workers.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The below statement is spot-on in regard to ‘my’ thought process.

“There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blond men in a room and they’re going to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation,” the inaugural diversity chief said.

“Diversity is the human experience,” she said, according to Quartz. “I get a little bit frustrated when diversity or the term diversity is tagged to the people of color, or the women, or the LGBT.”

I’m one of those “give me an opportunity and let my work speak for itself” type of people. I don’t give a crap about your color. All I care about is getting the job done. Period.....but that’s Just Me, D.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro