Samsung Galaxy S8/8+ More Highly Rated Than iPhone 8/8+By Consumer Reports

fairmarketvalue

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
So I was browsing the smartphone ratings and recommendations on the Consumer Reports website, and was surprised to read that the CR and its reporting users rated the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ more highly than the iPhone 8 and 8+. In fact, the Galaxy S7, which is an older model, also was rated ahead of the new 8/8+ iPhones. Since CR is a totally independent testing organization that takes no money from manufacturers and gets all of its test products on the open market, this really blew me away. As a confirmed iPhone user, I never thought I'd see such ratings in an independent publication. Interesting, in that it may account for some of the lack of anticipated iPhone 8/8+ sales (along with users waiting for the rollout of iPhone X).

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Bear in mind that the S8/+ has been out since April while the iPhone 8/Plus has only been available for a few weeks. It takes a while to build up positive (and negative) reports. It would ber interesting to check back in a few months and compare again.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
That's an interesting statement. Is that based on a published survey, or opinion? And I'm not following how that comment ties in to the thread.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Most samsung owners are people who cannot afford iPhones, anyway...

Up until the Galaxy 8. I always bought both the iPhone and Galaxy S series. The last two phone I bought were the iPhone 7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge. It's not my fault that you can only afford one phone. BTW, I will be buying an iPhone X and Pixel XL2. I gave up on Samsung because of the updates. Excellent hardware though. Even better than Apple's.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Feels to me that the people at Consumer Reports are no more than some stupid Android fanboys. I mean, how??? How can they compare the S7 to the mighty iPhone 8? There may have been some tampering with the results. Biased in my opinion.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Feels to me that the people at Consumer Reports are no more than some stupid Android fanboys. I mean, how??? How can they compare the S7 to the mighty iPhone 8? There may have been some tampering with the results. Biased in my opinion.

Hopefully this is just sarcasm. The iPhone 8 is far from mighty.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, it may not be *that* mighty, but it’s certainly better than the S7.

Your opinion holds no weight. The reviews say otherwise. I've owned an S7 and an currently own an iPhone 7. Still on the fence on whether I am upgrading to the X. Don't consider the iPhone 8 a worthy upgrade over the 7. So being the the iPHone 7 wasn't better the the S7 I doubt that the iPhone 8 is. Now the X is a whole different story. Still waiting on my Pixel XL2 and will decide on the iPHone X once I have it in hand.

Last edited:

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Your opinion holds know weight. The reviews say otherwise. I've owned an S7 and an currently own an iPhone 7. Still on the fence on whether I am upgrading to the X. Don't consider the iPhone 8 a worthy upgrade over the 7. So being the the iPHone 7 wasn't better the the S7 I doubt that the iPhone 8 is. Now the X is a whole different story. Still waiting on my Pixel XL2 and will decide on the iPHone X once I have it in hand.

Ok, in what areas other than the display is the S7 better than the iPhone 8?

Wireless charging: Check
Camera: Check
Speakers: Check

Only the OS is a debatable topic

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok, in what areas other than the display is the S7 better than the iPhone 8?

Yes the display, both size and pixel density. Now that the S7 is last years phone price now becomes a factor. The camera on the S7 was better than the iPhone 7. Since the upgrade to the 8 was minimal, It is probably better as well. With that being said, I could care less which phone is better. I went through this same idiotic fanboy nonsense back when I was a gamer. You have idiots arguing whether the Xbox or PS was better. I bought both because two consoles was still cheaper than a gaming PC. So at this point who cares which phone is better and does it even matter? "

" Do not argue with fools. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Yes the display, both size and pixel density. Now that the S7 is last years phone price now becomes a factor. The camera on the S7 was better than the iPhone 7. Since the upgrade to the 8 was minimal, It is probably better as well. With that being said, I could care less which phone is better. I went through this same idiotic fanboy nonsense back when I was a gamer. You have idiots arguing whether the Xbox or PS was better. I bought both because two consoles was still cheaper than a gaming PC. So at this point who cares which phone is better and does it even matter? "

" Do not argue with fools. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Woah woah woah, I’m not arguing, jus saying that the iPhone 8 is (from every angle) better than the S7, and everyone agrees to that. Other than that poor display on the 8, every other part is better. The camera on the 8 got a 92 and 8 Plus a 94 from DxOMark. Compared to the 88 both the S7 and S8 received, the iPhone 8 is significantly better than the iPhone 7.

In the end, I would say that both phones are great and that maybe the iPhone 8 should be compared with the S8, and not the S7.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I've just read the UK consumer magazine "Which" 's early short report on the iPhone 8,and it also ranks the Samsung offerings higher. But it always does,I don't know why.
I did notice however that it only gives 3 out of 5 stars for call quality. This is of importance to me,as I'm not getting any younger and my hearing is not improving with age ! Has anybody who has actually got an iPhone 8 got a comment on this ?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think people are still going to buy these phones on contract and buying a Note 8 on contract is as high a rung as there is in the Smartphone market, and I would wager those who can afford that price could afford an Iphone x easily.

No one dabbles at that price range if they aren't affluent, is my point.

Gray Area

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Most samsung owners are people who cannot afford iPhones, anyway...

That’s a statement based on....? I have several Samsung devices and I love them! My note 8 cost $1,000 after taxes and shipping. I also have an iPhone 6s and 7 that I’ve purchased. Both were less then the note. So to say Android users can’t afford Apple products is a weak and pointless statement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711