I went from iOS 11 to 10.3.3

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I finally had enough, Apple is still to this day signing 10.3.3, Restored both iPhone and iPad to 10.3.3 earlier today. Apple Watch will go into a drawer until I can use it again(Being it's on Watch OS 4).

Its a shame really, but I have no impact as I am just one person among other thousands of users. But I can't get past the issues within the Core Operating system that has once be true to function, stability and a solid direction. I am not seeing it....

There are already tons of posts here and else where explaining issues with in the OS, so I am not going to list them, unless you want them. But I myself personally can not turn a blind eye and say " I am not seeing it" "Not on my device", etc.

Are people truly using their devices, Are they not noticing these issues, atleast once. Have they not noticed a change in the way they used to do things and now they take longer, are broke, or delays, etc?

I am interested in knowing on who has downgraded to 10.3.3 and plans on staying till things are ironed out on Apples end.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
After reading about the issues on Twitter (a MUST if you are unsure) I am still on 10.3.3.

I learned my lesson installing iOS 10 on my 5C last year and it jammed it so bad I had to get it professionally cleaned for $35!

After that, it is well known that it takes a few updates to "iron out" the wrinkles and I still commend Apple for rushing out as many updates as it takes, and I don't care how many, to fix the issues because they know their rep is on the line.

There is no way I am ever going to an Android device after all the security news that I read so I consider this a small price to pay to stick with Apple, but I ALWAYS RECOMMEND to READ what others are experiencing for a few days after a MAJOR update such as iOS 11.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Right. Apple pushes out these major updates to match their hardware release schedule, not when the software is actually ready and optimized

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Right. Apple pushes out these major updates to match their hardware release schedule, not when the software is actually ready and optimized

I don't think this happened when Jobs was alive. I think the employees were afraid of him and they HAD to get it right ;)

I also read that the 9 (I think) Betas ran relatively smooth near the end and they THOUGHT it was ready. ( someone correct me if I misunderstood this)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I would have to say the First Beta through four ran like crap. Then it was little progress. Then back down again..... Even GM build for "Me" sucked. But I was hoping for the best and that things would get better a lot quicker. But I have seen no change.

​​After over a week they still say "yeah it can be slow, give it a couple more days" -- nah, if something on the iPhone takes weeks then that's unacceptable and qualifies as a ****ty OS flaw. Come on BE HONEST for one time in your life.......

​At the same time, I have just as many co-workers with the same variation in phone models (iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, etc, and they all are having slowdown issues with iOS 11. One thing a lot of people on here and other forums are forgetting is just because you're not experiencing it doesn't mean it's not an issue.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm right there with you John. I had the first iOS 11 Dev Beta on my 7 Plus for a couple of hours and had to remove it due to MANY inconsistencies. I'm currently running iOS 10.3.3 with absolutely no problems. From what I've read/seen I personally don't think iOS 11 was ready for "prime time". I'm not sure, but I don't remember a new iOS (whole number or incremental) having this many betas (approx 10). I will probably wait until I pick up the iPhone X before I actually see iOS 11 on any of my devices.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm sitting pretty on 10.3.3 for all my Apple devices and still waiting for a stable iOS 11.1 or so. No way do I want to inherit problems when I have none. I learned a long time ago to wait and read lots of feedback before jumping on any major OS upgrade. Hang tight and let all the bugs get worked out before making the leap again.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
3 of my family members have 11.0.2 now on 2 iPad Airs and one iPad Pro 12.9 with Zero issues that I have noticed.

I read that things are a lot different for iPhones with this update however.

Edit: that is not to say that no one is having problems on iPads but this is been our experience

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
3 of my family members have 11.0.2 now on 2 iPad Airs and one iPad Pro 12.9 with Zero issues that I have noticed.

I read that things are a lot different for iPhones with this update however.

Edit: that is not to say that no one is having problems on iPads but this is been our experience

That's refreshing to hear as my son has an iPad Air still on 10.3.3 and I've been hesitant to mess with what works and ain't broke. I'll probably await another few updates before I bother. Thanks for the feedback!!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This is without a doubt the worst iOS release that I can recall. I’m using iOS 11.02 on my 8 Plus and will continue to do so, but this is definitely not good and makes me second guess my decision to go deeper into the Apple ecosystem system this past year. Overall I’m happy but if iOS 11 is a sign of things to come...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
This is without a doubt the worst iOS release that I can recall. I’m using iOS 11.02 on my 8 Plus and will continue to do so, but this is definitely not good and makes me second guess my decision to go deeper into the Apple ecosystem system this past year. Overall I’m happy but if iOS 11 is a sign of things to come...

Could not agree more with your last statement.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I really haven’t noticed any delays or things taking longer. Even the slightly longer app opening times don’t bother me. And even though RAM management has proven to be bad, I don’t really notice it. I don’t have the 3D Touch lag either. I understand it’s a buggy OS and the I think the real issue is how Apple fragmented iOS 11 to run on different devices. If they separated iPhone OS and iPad OS, it would be better. But there is still fragmentation within the iPhone side between 7 and older and 8 and newer. Hopefully further 11.1 beats address these issues quickly.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
There are some major issues with iOS 11, that much is glaringly obvious and it'd be silly to say otherwise.

However, I personally am not having that many issues. Extremely bad battery life while testing 11 on my 6s, and also terrible battery life on my new 8 Plus with beta. Now with the 8 Plus I see the rotation bug, but have locked rotation to avoid the problem until it's fixed. I do not see any 3D lag or slow downs that others are seeing. Apps open pretty snappy for me. I have the 256GB version with 4.5k songs, 53 photos, and 47 apps. I don't keep a lot on my phone with the exception of music for when we're in the car.

I use my phone for calls and texts. I only use other apps or features when I am outside of the house (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, emails etc). Being a homemaker with a husband who works from home, I'm not out much so I spend 99% of my time on my custom built computer in my home office. This may be why I don't see what others are seeing. Others may be using their device because it's their main source of communication and those people would obviously see more issues because their using their devices for more things. Like games, I don't play games or watch movies on my phone. I have some installed on my iPad, but that is mostly used when we go on vacation and I'm sitting either on the plane, in the airport, or riding as a passenger in the car while traveling long distance. I'm not currently seeing any issues on my 2017 iPad because right now I'm not on vacation. Otherwise I may notice.

Bugs are odd things. Some experience them and some do not. I'll not disagree that 11 is crap for a large majority, but its not crap for some.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I would have to say the First Beta through four ran like crap. Then it was little progress. Then back down again..... Even GM build for "Me" sucked. But I was hoping for the best and that things would get better a lot quicker. But I have seen no change.

​​After over a week they still say "yeah it can be slow, give it a couple more days" -- nah, if something on the iPhone takes weeks then that's unacceptable and qualifies as a ****ty OS flaw. Come on BE HONEST for one time in your life.......

​At the same time, I have just as many co-workers with the same variation in phone models (iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, etc, and they all are having slowdown issues with iOS 11. One thing a lot of people on here and other forums are forgetting is just because you're not experiencing it doesn't mean it's not an issue.

Sounds good, as long as if something happens you don't blame me LOL.

I basically used my iPad air as a test bed, but I'm not willing to risk my iPhone 7 because it is essential that that one works.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
That's refreshing to hear as my son has an iPad Air still on 10.3.3 and I've been hesitant to mess with what works and ain't broke. I'll probably await another few updates before I bother. Thanks for the feedback!!

Also I forgot to add I really don't notice much difference in how anything works, there is a new file system but I don't think I'll be using that. You still double click and then swipe up on the open apps to close them, no difference there. And there really aren't too many shortcuts they let you install on the control panel screen, (IPad Air) compared to what I've seen for the iPhones with iOS 11.

I did notice something different on my iMessage on my iPhone yesterday and this is without updating to 11.0.2. I noticed that in iMessage I was able to drag a photo up into the body of the imessage and included as an attachment basically. I found this out by accident because I sent the wrong photo to a friend LOL. But I assume this is like the "drag and drop" for iOS 11 they are talking about. I think they just made it part of iMessage now even on iOS 10.3.3 so you might notice it. Maybe this was something in iMessage for quite a while but I certainly never knew about it until yesterday.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
10.3.3 is no longer being signed, apparently, so if you're looking to go back now, it's too late.

I'm on 11.1 beta, and the only bugs I have are:

1. Rotation bug.
2. Trying to look at an app while on the phone will show only half the screen covered (right half is obscured)

Being on beta I'm expecting something. Hope the next update will fix these. Otherwise I'm happy with iOS 11.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Several springboard events on iOS 11.0.1 and 11.0.2.

Yesterday afternoon the entire iOS interface stopped responding. Had to power off/on to get it working. Checked Settings\Privacy\Analytics\Analytics Data and noticed the 'UIKit-runloop-Springboard" events on 10/2, and three on 10/4. I have "Share iPhone and Watch Analytics" feature turned On so that way these crashes and other log data will get reported.

I think its reasonable to expect that some issues may be due to apps needing updates to work better with iOS 11, and others are iOS bugs that Apple needs to resolve.

Upate: The above events occurred on an iPhone 8+.

Last edited:

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I had better luck with the iOS 11 beta 8 on my iPhone 5s. The battery was draining like crazy after the 11.0.2 update so tried restoring to 10.3.3 yesterday. The restore failed and now I think my phone is bricked. Cannot get back to 10 or 11. It's on the connect to iTunes permanently now.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I had better luck with the iOS 11 beta 8 on my iPhone 5s. The battery was draining like crazy after the 11.0.2 update so tried restoring to 10.3.3 yesterday. The restore failed and now I think my phone is bricked. Cannot get back to 10 or 11. It's on the connect to iTunes permanently now.

Try taking it to the 'Store, if you have one nearby.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox