This means that if you were hoping to downgrade your device back to iOS 10 (for whatever reason) you can’t do so anymore no matter what you try. In fact, if you downloaded the iOS 10.3.3 firmware file onto your computer and restored using iTunes, the process would simply fail. So please, rather than try it out yourself, it’s best you don’t tinker with your device at all.

1. Plug in your iPhone 7.
    2. Make sure iTunes is running.
    3. Turn Off your iPhone 7 if it isn't already.
    4. Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side of your device for 3 seconds.
    5. Press and hold down the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone 7 while still holding down the On/Off button.
    6. Keep holding both buttons down for 10 seconds. (If you see the Apple logo, you've held them too long and will need to start again.)
    7. Let go of the On/Off Button but keep holding the volume down button for about 5 seconds. (If you see the "Plug into iTunes" screen, then you've held it too long and will need to start again.)
    8. If the screen stays black, that's it! Your iPhone 7should now be in DFU mode.
    Tried those very steps earlier. Doesn't work for me. It's also the 5s I have. It always goes right back to the connect to iTunes.

I just wish I would have stayed on 9.3 or 10 now. I'm typing this on my old 4s and 9 is so elegant. Even 10 would be acceptable. Lesson learned. Unless I need to upgrade for app support, I will not update anymore.

Edit: I can't even attempt a jailbreak because it needs to be in dfu mode or on.
    10-05-2017 03:42 PM
    Ok,

1. Plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes. It doesn’t matter if your iPhone is on or off.
    2. Press and hold the Sleep / Wake Button and Home Button (iPhone 6s and below) or the volume down button (iPhone 7 and above) together for 8 seconds.
    3. After 8 seconds, release the Sleep / Wake Button but continue to hold the Home Button (iPhone 6s and below) or the volume down button (iPhone 7 and above) until iTunes says “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.”
    4. Let go of the Home Button or volume down button. Your iPhone’s display will be completely black if you’ve successfully entered DFU mode. If it’s not, try again from the beginning.
    5. Restore your iPhone using iTunes

Look for iTunes to prompt, you will know your there.
    werner6769 likes this.
    10-05-2017 03:47 PM
    Ok,

1. Plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes. It doesn’t matter if your iPhone is on or off.
    2. Press and hold the Sleep / Wake Button and Home Button (iPhone 6s and below) or the volume down button (iPhone 7 and above) together for 8 seconds.
    3. After 8 seconds, release the Sleep / Wake Button but continue to hold the Home Button (iPhone 6s and below) or the volume down button (iPhone 7 and above) until iTunes says “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.”https://www.payetteforward.com/wp-co...de-300x138.jpg
    4. Let go of the Home Button or volume down button. Your iPhone’s display will be completely black if you’ve successfully entered DFU mode. If it’s not, try again from the beginning.
    5. Restore your iPhone using iTunes

Look for iTunes to prompt, you will know your there.
    I did manage to get it in dfu mode. However, the restore fails with Error 14. I will try on another computer and if that fails I'll bring it in to Apple. Thanks for all the tips!
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-05-2017 05:03 PM
    I did manage to get it in dfu mode. However, the restore fails with Error 14. I will try on another computer and if that fails I'll bring it in to Apple. Thanks for all the tips!
    Depending on what you did, you may have to try DFU mode one or two more times to get it restored. Make sure you’re using the latest iTunes version.
    10-05-2017 06:04 PM
    I’m not on Twitter so I haven’t heard about all the problems people are having. I know you all have been on this platform longer than me so I believe you.
    I’m extremely lucky because I haven’t experienced any slowness or issues on my iPhone 7 or iPad Pro. Hope my luck continues.
    The only thing I believe is whatever is causing it Apple will fix it. Here’s hoping it’s soon!
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-05-2017 06:14 PM
    I’m not on Twitter so I haven’t heard about all the problems people are having. I know you all have been on this platform longer than me so I believe you.
    I’m extremely lucky because I haven’t experienced any slowness or issues on my iPhone 7 or iPad Pro. Hope my luck continues.
    The only thing I believe is whatever is causing it Apple will fix it. Here’s hoping it’s soon!
    You actually can search for hashtags on Twitter without joining, still a valuable resource tool to see what's going on with something like this.....

And the problems seem to almost be getting worse for many.

The newest issue seems to be low music volume when playing music, but the issues are a wide array.

These are the most recent within the hour...

10-06-2017 04:01 AM
    Why is the option to downgrade only available for such a short time? I think my SE is okay but I'd like to have the downgrade option for much longer than the present arrangement.

Sent from my LG-D855 using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-06-2017 09:15 AM
    One would think, with all the issues, they would keep it signed. But it's Apple. This is the first time ever I went back to an OS that was no longer signed, I always moved up and stayed.... But I need function vs bells and whistles this time.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-06-2017 09:42 AM
    10.3.3 for the 6s is now being signed again......
    10-06-2017 10:30 AM
    That’s true, but my advice will (hopefully) unbrick his device.

People are misusing the term "brick". Once it's bricked there's no coming back. It's dead.
    TgeekB and DMP89145 like this.
    10-07-2017 01:38 PM
    Just an update. After trying to restore my 5s multiple times I got it back on iOS 11.0.3. My iTunes was out of date as I had access only to a vista machine. Used another computer and all is good now. iOS 11 is a bit better now but still wish I could go back to 10.
    10-17-2017 12:00 PM
    After reading about the issues on Twitter (a MUST if you are unsure) I am still on 10.3.3.

I learned my lesson installing iOS 10 on my 5C last year and it jammed it so bad I had to get it professionally cleaned for $35!

After that, it is well known that it takes a few updates to "iron out" the wrinkles and I still commend Apple for rushing out as many updates as it takes, and I don't care how many, to fix the issues because they know their rep is on the line.

There is no way I am ever going to an Android device after all the security news that I read so I consider this a small price to pay to stick with Apple, but I ALWAYS RECOMMEND to READ what others are experiencing for a few days after a MAJOR update such as iOS 11.
    Good Yester is had enough with the iOS11... I feel you sir
    10-18-2017 04:21 AM
    iOS 11 is rough. But relief will soon be here with iOS 11.1. This always happens when Apple feature-packs a release. I wonder how much iPhone X and Apple's move to Apple Park affected the time its engineers could spend perfecting iOS 11. Here's to hoping Apple spends the next two years (yes, through iOS 12) refining and smoothing the OS out. But I like where Apple is going with this release.
    10-18-2017 09:53 PM
    iOS 11 is rough. But relief will soon be here with iOS 11.1. This always happens when Apple feature-packs a release. I wonder how much iPhone X and Apple's move to Apple Park affected the time its engineers could spend perfecting iOS 11. Here's to hoping Apple spends the next two years (yes, through iOS 12) refining and smoothing the OS out. But I like where Apple is going with this release.
    Apple Park isn’t open yet. Only the theater and Store were opened for the event. They will be moving in during the next year. And sadly 11.1 isn’t too much better for battery. Everything else is getting better though.
    10-18-2017 10:53 PM
    ^ My 5s and SE, both on 11.0.3. and set to 1min, are okay in that respect.
    10-22-2017 09:43 AM
40 12