Will Apple accept an IPhone with a third party replaced screen for trade-in kit?

iphone7677

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
I replaced the screen of my iPhone 6 with one off of Amazon a few months ago (long after my one year warranty had run out). Now I want a new iPhone, will Apple accept a phone with a non Apple authorized screen for the trade in kit or trade up in installments program?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I know they automatically replace the shell and the battery before they offer it to resell.... but I don't know about the screen. I cannot answer for Apple, but I would think they would only resell an iPhone that has all official Apple parts. I would call and ask, but my gut is telling me no. The reason why I say no is because their resold phones come with a 1 year warranty... they cannot offer a warranty on parts that are not officially Apple parts.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I feel like the screen is a low cost replacement. Maybe they will give less on the trade but I see no reason why they wouldn’t take the iPhone for trade. That is speculation, I don’t know personally.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73