Which new iPhone (X, 8, or 8 Plus) is the best value?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I currently have and love the 7 Plus. Not planning on upgrading this year, we’ve had a ton of expenses, it’s time to reign things in. If I had to replace a broken or lost phone, I’d probably go for the 8 plus: the screen on the X seems awkward: how do you hold the damn thing without clicking on stuff you don’t mean to? And facial recognition? Meh.
... but then, I scoffed at the 6 Plus, got the regular 6 only to sell it 3 months later and get the Plus anyway sooooo...
I love my 7 Plus though, it works perfectly.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I currently have and love the 7 Plus. Not planning on upgrading this year, we’ve had a ton of expenses, it’s time to reign things in. If I had to replace a broken or lost phone, I’d probably go for the 8 plus: the screen on the X seems awkward: how do you hold the damn thing without clicking on stuff you don’t mean to? And facial recognition? Meh.
... but then, I scoffed at the 6 Plus, got the regular 6 only to sell it 3 months later and get the Plus anyway sooooo...
I love my 7 Plus though, it works perfectly.

I love my 7 Plus too, but I do plan on getting the X.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well that is technically price sensitivity. The steep price of the iPhone X is affecting your buying decision.

Financial definitions aside, I understand what you’re saying.

No. I have over $1,400US saved up for phone & accessories. I have a second bank account that I use to save up money for this stuff. I budget.

Maybe the fact that I pay cash for my devices has an affect on my impulses. That’s totally possible.

The price is less of an issue. I just don’t think it’s worth what they’re charging, and I’m not just gonna spend the money just because it’s new. The other options are exponentially cheaper, any age.

It’s about value proposition. I just don’t think it brings enough to the table to be worth $1,150. Pretty simple, really.

raajss

Jun 12, 2008
Visit site
Simple question. In your opinion, based on the specs, the internals, and pricing, which new iPhone (X, 8, or 8 Plus) is the best value?

iPhone X should be the best value as that's the future... I don't think Apple will continue Home buttons for further launches. But looking at the history (iPhone SE) for a lower segment groups, you never know Apple may continue having the looks which lastly can be seem in iPhone 8 Plus lately.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
For what you get, I think the 256gb iPhone 8 Plus is the best value @ $949. The iPhone X just seems overpriced. When aspect ratio is considered, the 8 Plus actually has more screen area than the X. I like the wider screen of the 8 Plus in comparison to the taller skinny X. Here's a comparison with the X screen overlaid on top of the 8 Plus screen:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170916/f3de5a0d21daacf0ac6b29e947b69dff.jpg

The 8 Plus has some nice new features to consider as well. So with all things considered, the 256gb 8 Plus is the best value, IMO.
256gb iPhone X - $1,149
256gb iPhone 8 Plus - $949
I really can't see paying $200 more for the X. Apple seems to be setting us up for higher prices on all models going forward. The next couple of years will be interesting to see.

There’s that much difference on the width? I like the screen on my 7 Plus. I’m preordered for the beginning of December. I’ll have to go to the store to see if I keep it or cancel and stick with the 7 plus or upgrade instead to the 8 plus.

SABRIAN70

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
There’s that much difference on the width? I like the screen on my 7 Plus. I’m preordered for the beginning of December. I’ll have to go to the store to see if I keep it or cancel and stick with the 7 plus or upgrade instead to the 8 plus.

That’s what I did .. had to think when I bought the iPhone 7 Plus a year ago , selling point was that I could upgrade early , went and turned 7 plus in and chose the 8 plus .

Saw that they’re already talking about IPhone X plus in 2018 ... so I’m going to enjoy my 8 plus for a min

SABRIAN70

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
No. I have over $1,400US saved up for phone & accessories. I have a second bank account that I use to save up money for this stuff. I budget.

Maybe the fact that I pay cash for my devices has an affect on my impulses. That’s totally possible.

The price is less of an issue. I just don’t think it’s worth what they’re charging, and I’m not just gonna spend the money just because it’s new. The other options are exponentially cheaper, any age.

It’s about value proposition. I just don’t think it brings enough to the table to be worth $1,150. Pretty simple, really.

I agree

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The 8 Plus has some nice new features to consider as well. So with all things considered, the 256gb 8 Plus is the best value, IMO.
256gb iPhone X - $1,149
256gb iPhone 8 Plus - $949
I really can't see paying $200 more for the X. Apple seems to be setting us up for higher prices on all models going forward. The next couple of years will be interesting to see.

If you get Apple Care on your devices it’s also $50 more on the X, FWIW (vs the 8 Plus) and $70 vs the 8.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73