Which new iPhone (X, 8, or 8 Plus) is the best value?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Simple question. In your opinion, based on the specs, the internals, and pricing, which new iPhone (X, 8, or 8 Plus) is the best value?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'd be more than happy with the 4.7 inch iPhone eight as it's basically physically identical to my iPhone 7 but it would be a 25% bump in performance and a slightly better camera. I'm not sure if I would need wireless charging but I was reading a couple few weeks ago that the wireless charging might be painfully slow. Do we know if this has been changed or any info on that?

Also a lot of people did not like a white face on the jet black iPhone 7, what's happening with that? I watched the keynote that maybe I wasn't paying attention enough. Do they offer a black and black front and back now?

Also do we know if iPhone 7 cases would fit the iPhone 8, they seem physically similar.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Putting my "omg 1k for a phone" feelings aside lol.... I think they're all decently priced for what you're getting.

I had my sights set on a 7s Plus (which is actually the 8 Plus), but now after visually seeing the X I'm honestly considering saving my mad-money (personal monthly allowance) for the next 4 months and buy the latest and greatest. Why not? It's either a new phone or tons of yummy fabric to sew new wallets and handbags. :big-hug:

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Putting my "omg 1k for a phone" feelings aside lol.... I think they're all decently priced for what you're getting.

I had my sights set on a 7s Plus (which is actually the 8 Plus), but now after visually seeing the X I'm honestly considering saving my mad-money (personal monthly allowance) for the next 4 months and buy the latest and greatest. Why not? It's either a new phone or tons of yummy fabric to sew new wallets and handbags. :big-hug:

That's probably going to be about $1300 Canadian. Good thing we can sign a contract! But then monthly plans here are easily over $100 a month.

I bet you are on ETSY, great app.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
That's probably going to be about $1300 Canadian. Good thing we can sign a contract! But then monthly plans here are easily over $100 a month.

I bet you are on ETSY, great app.

I typically buy them unlocked, although I didn't see an unlocked option on the Apple buy page. Perhaps they'll add it when the phones actually go live for purchase.

I do have the ETSY app, and I do have a store there, but at this time nothing is in it. Too many selfish sews (ie; making things for myself) lol.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I think that they’re all decent... the iPhone X is a bit too much for a phone, costing almost $2000 AUD in Australia. Is it worth it? I think it is.. although I do think it’s way overpriced.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
X is overpriced don't care about face ID, animal emojis and landscape mode viewing videos or watching YouTube is going to be awkward. I think I like the 8 plus better imo.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Simple question. In your opinion, based on the specs, the internals, and pricing, which new iPhone (X, 8, or 8 Plus) is the best value?

I’ll answer your question in regard to “me”.

iPhone 8 - I’ve stated that if the next iPhone offered a Plus and non-Plus version, I would get the non-Plus version this time around. With that mind, if I do get the iPhone 8, and I’m heavily leaning that way, it would definitely be my first choice.

iPhone 8 Plus - Not gonna happen

iPhone X - The only thing I’m interested in is the edge to edge display. I’m all business with my iPhone. Of course, I’ll test everything associated with the iPhone X, but when I’m done testing, it’s back to my typical business-like use. iOS 11 will run the same on all 3 devices. My 3rd-party apps will work in the same manner.

With all of that in mind, the iPhone 8 is “my” best value and option. On the other hand, I can only get the edge to edge display with the iPhone X.

Last edited:

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Also might be interesting to note that cases for the iPhone 7 SHOULD fit on the iPhone 8, the difference is less than 10% of a millimetre.

cd48f9f0df37344ed18b1f5d181f12d1.png

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The 8 Plus is the best value. Decent screen (size/resolution), more RAM, Dual Cameras, best battery life.

If it didn't look exactly like my last 3 phones, I'd get it.

Basically, waiting on Google's event now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro